"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Tell Me, Please

Welcome to all my new readers!

I hope you enjoy the minutes you spend catching up here at Corgi Hollows, and the thoughts expressed.

Family updates: My eldest son and daughter-in-law returned from a belated honeymoon on the north shore of Lake Superior, right during one of the coldest Februaries ever! They had fun hiking up to frozen waterfalls, and through ice caves on the great lake.

My second son and his wife are settled in to their convenient and sunny home. He has his orders to depart for his future military installation next January, so it's nice they have a whole year to be "just married." School and work keep them busy.

Margaret has a bad case of the winter blues, or blahs, or cabin fever, as we like to say. She is disciplined in getting to the train or bus every morning, which ferries her down to the University. Working as a lifeguard at the YMCA rounds out her schedule. Soon she will depart for a few days in Arizona, visiting my cousin for some sunshine and warmth. (Thank you, dear cuz!)

Oh, how we need warmth!!!!

Ed is slowly changing from one medication to another. All seems well for now. His desire for schoolwork is coming back, and his organ skills are definitely improving! We are pleased with his progress. (He's playing Bach right now downstairs)

Cherie will race her last Grand Prix car at the Awana Grand Prix tonight.
Photo: The last pinewood derby/awana grand Prix car to be manufactured in the Glover house. This must be some sort of rite of passage. Sharon races it tonight                                                   Can you tell she likes horses as much as her mother does?

After years and years of making these little cars for Boy Scouts AND Awana, five children.....we are ready to close up shop!  Sometimes two or three cars each year....I keep finding them around the house in obscure drawers and boxes.

The Pets: Kiwi and Predicate are fat and happy. Blackberry lives for "daddy" to come home where she runs happily and crazily around in the snow while he shovels and sweeps. Misty, the Corgi, plows through this deep snow with great forbearance, trying to keep up with Blackberry and keeping watch on her domain. She is Corgi Police of this house. The fish are swimming happily in the big punch bowl in the bathroom. They seem to be surviving the winter in their close quarters. The pond will be a welcome abode for them in just a couple more months. (AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAA!!!!!!) Spring, come soon! 

In other news:

I have found the holy grail of diet books. I'm convinced of it.

"   http://www.trimhealthymama.com/ " is not just for "Mamas" but for everyone.

Please check it out. I've been trying it out for the last 3 weeks since my book came, and I am only impressed.

I think it would be better called "Trim Healthy Manna!"

---Manna from heaven it is, especially for the ones who have found everything else wanting in a lifestyle diet.

Chocolate cake for breakfast??????

Oh yeah!

On Sunday I was having lunch with a friend. She cares for her elderly mother in her home. I asked her how it was going and she said something that so interested me.

"It's easier when she's not feeling well, for then I can really help her, and do whatever needs to be done for her. It isn't as easy, though, when she feels well, for then she tells me how to do things."

I laughed with my godly friend. Isn't that just the truth?

NONE of us likes to be told how to do things! It's so much better when we just copy what we like: how people live, how they work, how they manage their schedules and homes.

It's so much better when we can see truth, and then claim it for our own!

I'm sorry for all the times I've sounded Preachy on this blog. I always want to find the base of truth, and operate from there. I love to "help" anyone who needs encouragement, and being a mom has made me ultra sensitive to helping my own children navigate their paths through life.

But at the core of all of this, no-one, especially my children, wants to be TOLD. We all must discover.

I think that is the basis for what IBLP and Bill Gothard are going through right now. Hopefully he will be justly dealt with, and he will respond with godly grace. He's told many people how to do a lot of things, and he's being held to account. Good thing. Again, no one wants to be TOLD. There are so many people who are reacting to what he has told.

I have a few friends who are deeply resentful toward Gothard, and have been for many years. I always wondered what was so terribly upsetting about his ministry. Now we are about to find out. Perhaps.

I have only high regard for what he "told" me through his books, materials, personal interaction and the seminars I attended, but that is not to dismiss his own accountability. Happy day when all is open and resolved. There can only be good that comes from our deepest trials when we love Christ, and believe, AND repent. It's promised.

There is a verse in Scripture that alludes to a listening heart, and it has to do with Wisdom. If you want to gain wisdom you must listen. Don't be so quick to speak! How much I should obey that thought! Too often we speak before we think, crash ahead blindly before we see the distance we are traveling...

Forethought. It is a good thing.

But listening is also good. One must not always obey, but one should listen.

And maybe there will be learning. Learning that comes from a quiet and wise heart. Learning that listens for precious truths and life-giving advice.

I shouldn't resent being told things.

Let's listen for God's leading, and thank Him for His Word, the ultimate Voice of God.


No comments: