"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, July 14, 2014

News

After an unplanned visit to the clinic this morning Ed is home with me today.

Grandma and Grandpa have earned a rest after 10 days of excellent care. My parents are in their 80's now, so though very spry and healthy, 10 days of caring for a teenage boy is strenuous.

I take the lead now.

This morning the PICC site didn't look right. We took Ed down to the clinic for a new dressing. Our oncologist today thought that Ed was more than ready for getting a new port put it, so he scheduled that for next week.

Hooray. Relief. No more heparin syringes every 12 hours!

But until then I must take this responsibility, nurse though I'm not.

You know, this whole medical situation has given me incredible appreciation for those who deal with really chronic problems at home all the time, family members or professionals. I loathe this type of thing, but gladly do it for Ed.

Cherie is happily enjoying Bible camp this week. We got to bring her there last evening, and a lovely drive it was. Ed was able to go with us. He loved it.

As you know, the first 29 days of induction are over. That means Ed quit taking 120mg of Prednizone cold turkey on Saturday. There have been a few effects from this rapid change. Shakiness, joint pain, and some headache. Poor Ed. So much to go through.

Still wanting it to be quiet until we get the new port in. Infection seems to be haunting us.

I'm glad he's home. I'm sure my parents are glad for a rest.


No comments: