"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, July 21, 2014

This and That

In Matthew 8 there is a story about a leper who came to Jesus. He said, "Lord, if you are willing, You can make me clean."

Jesus said, "I am willing."

For some reason only explained in my spirit I weep every time I read this account. Jesus' compassion, His sweetness, His love for this sick man who was uncertain gives me comfort.

I think it shows Christ's love like a treasured photo.

There is another passage in Scripture that has the same effect on me. It's the one where Jesus says"Mary" in the garden after His resurrection.  Again, His gracious love just pours out as I hear Him say her name. I weep.

I've heard that same voice from our Lord in these last few weeks. The love and help that has been poured out for our family is truly the love of Christ. I have now wept daily at the sweetness of being a recipient of that love.

How unworthy I feel.

How humbling to me!

My own failings to Do For Others stare me in the face.

I could list dozens of friends ---and family!!!--- who have blessed us, willing to support and help.

Our case workers at the insurance company and the hospital see it as a thing wondrous to behold.

See how the Lord takes care of us?!

This week will be intense. You dear Pray-ers are asked to remember Ed for these things:

-His first (ever) MRI tomorrow.  He assures me he is not claustrophobic. This is being done for the surgeon. The first surgeon ran into difficulties installing the port because Ed's veins were unusual. This surgeon wants no surprises!

-Wednesday surgery. New port to be put in place. May the Lord bless this technical devise that makes treating luekemia so much easier! The port allows the chemotherapy to get straight to the heart, efficiently distributing the rather harmful chemicals.

-Thursday chemotherapy.  Ed starts the next phase of treatment Thursday. How nice it was to have a week of rest. We all needed it. Now we "ramp up" the action again. The next four weeks will have four day treatments, some I'm told, I will be doing at home. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Pray please.

Oh how thankful I am that YOU are praying!!!

Ed has had a good-looking haircut from one of my sweet friends, and there has been some thinning. It still looks pretty good! Keeping it for now. He got to church yesterday which was his own personal victory. So happy to be there.

Grandparents from Iowa visited yesterday, bringing a fantastically refurbished 10 year old Ford Focus back to us! I'm sure they were grateful to get their own car back! We are grateful for their help in getting our car running again. Wonderful parents!---mine too!

Summer comes to Minnesota today. Heat extremes are predicted. Cherie and I will attempt some housecleaning, some projects, and perhaps a church softball game. To watch, not to play. My husband and older son have been playing on the team all summer, but I haven't been able to get to see one game yet. Tonight?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Offering prayers of healing and strength that you God meet all your needs.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corgi Hollows said...

Thank you Cindi. So appreciate your concern.

Unknown said...

Prayers still coming...for healing, for peace, for trust and for all things yet unknown.
Consider a sedative before the MRI. Perhaps better to be proactive than to have to pause or to stop and reschedule.
Rest in His love that is reflected in all of us.

Corgi Hollows said...

Yes. A seditive might be appropriate. Thanks for your thoughts...prayers. Miss you!