"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Expectation

It's late on Saturday night, but I wanted to write a little. I'm so excited to start the end times Bible study tomorrow evening. We tried to start in December, but the holiday rush interfered, also health and other issues. Tomorrow we plan to actually begin the book, and I can't wait.

I was able to substitute teach one day last week. A nice, tender beginning to the work-world. I have also worked 3 shifts in the local deli, and I'm happy to say I can now fry chicken. I'm still afraid of the big deep fryer---I don't allow fried foods at home---but I can figure out a working relationship with it.

I'm so happy to be in the deli. It's mostly cleaning, and it closes earlier than the store it's in, so I can get home at a reasonable hour.

My New Year's resolution is to actually paint and do some art everyday that I don't sub.

Of course I started my Bible reading, Cherie and I have our School understanding down pat. The cats are a little lonesome for me, but they can handle it. Ed will drive to school on his own next week (PLEASE PRAY!) and all should be well----24 hours at a time, right?

We just never know.

My cousin died two weeks ago. My uncle died last week. We all know things happen in threes, right? Superstition or coincidence? I can't help think that the supernatural dimension plays a hefty role in each of our lives.

These two went to be with the LORD.

I wonder when our time comes?

Last night Ed and I listened to a young man tell about a horrible vision he had. It was so awful that he sought help. He wasn't a believer. Yet.

The vision proved to be rather apocalyptic, and he had no idea about what he as seeing. The believer he told about it did recognize some aspects of the vision as being part of the Tribulation. It was horribly frightening to the young person---he saw terrible things, blood, war, nuclear destruction, fire, savagery. He wept in absolute panic!

It must be soon.

We're headed to a banquet in the presence of the LORD. Soon.

This year? Next?

Maranatha! Come soon, Lord Jesus.

I expect Him!

Those of us who have knowledge of God's Word know that it anchors us, informs us, calms us, helps us. We know that we need spiritual eyes, given by God Himself, to be able to understand this sacred Word. We know that we must repent and ask forgiveness, tell Him that we need His salvation.

We know this. We have this expectation for gaining eternal life with the most important Person ever.

Don't wait. Turn from your sin, follow Christ. Ask His forgiveness! Believe and put your trust in Him. You must repent.

And experience your spiritual eyes opening!

Expect it. His promises are sure.

May the Lord give you a blessed Sabbath.


No comments: