"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Discombobulated

I worked five full days this past week. Teachers are sick, kids are sick, lice, coughs----

Substitutes are in grand demand.

I also worked at the deli, so I write this morning after a week of complete busyness. I work this afternoon too, so my life has taken on a completely new feel.

Discombobulated.

I look at the Blackberry hair shedding in the hallway and I sigh. The clothes are in the washer, dryer, and will I ever iron again? (Maybe that's not such a bad thing!)

I admire women who work outside the home. They are amazing.

I need to learn a new routine after 25 years!

My head hurts, my back aches, and I am weary.

Okay, stop the complaining! I will list the blessings now---

I'm meeting so many new people that I can hardly remember who is who.

The kids are great. I get virtual hugs from the little ones, sweet interest from the older ones. My heart is lost to them already, one month in. Even the behavior problems seem to be manageable.

I hear my name shouted out from down the hall, then, "Come and hear me play this on the piano!"
It's like having dozens of grandchildren!

It truly has to do with age. I'm just a grandma-type to them.

Oh, to have the energy of a young teacher and the authority of the older!

Well, God in His wisdom made it this way. Part of the curse, surely. Noah was a virile old man into his 500's.

Adam. Well, he blew it.

I'm not on Facebook as much lately (perhaps a good thing) but I miss that opportunity to minister, to evangelize.

We are all about spreading the gospel, living it, being Christ to all, and Facebook gives all of us that wonderful chance to be light.

It's such a fantastic place to connect with other believers, too. So encouraging.

And I need encouragement. We all do.

I can't sit here and write without pleading for prayer, too. So many people I'm meeting are desperately in need of physical healing, but also spiritual healing.

I'm praying for several people by name for their salvation. May God grant them open eyes and a willing heart to repent.

Ed needs prayer too. He is on the dean's list at his college----with an amazing schedule: Calculus, Statistics, Biology with lab, and English II. He's also tutoring math twice a week, trying to keep in touch with his Trail Life buddies, AND practicing the organ. It's cute: he made me an orange wool sweater on his knitting machine over Christmas break. It's absolutely perfect! He got requests for several more.

It costs $75 to $100 for materials and labor for these sweaters, but he STILL had customers! He's making one (for a gift) for our pastor. It's his way of showing his appreciation for our wonderful human shepherd.

Ed will have surgery at Mayo Clinic in March. His left knee will be replaced. He is still on chemotherapy, of course, so he will be handled with kid gloves.

Recovery will happen while attending classes. Maybe we're crazy. Maybe we're nuts. But we serve a big GOD, and He can make this work out with prayer.

It seems a good idea to keep Ed moving, so school, with its limited campus size and intermittent walking opportunities may be just the perfect setting for recovery.

I'm still trying to figure out how to keep subbing and helping Ed. Let me know if you have any ideas!

Maybe my wonderful in-laws might be willing to come for a week...(hint, hint!)

My heart still aches for my little happy Corgi face, Misty. I can't tell you how much I miss that creature, even though I know her time was up on earth. Blackberry seems to have worked through her grief, but she is the one that gets me up in the middle of the night now. She is truly aging at 11 years old.

She was happy to go for a quick walk up the road this morning with Cherie and me. She scampered on the fields (we don't leash her here on our back roads) and snuffed out the deer, fox, and coyote tracks. She loves it out here. Corgi Hollows is her earthly heaven.

Our prophecy study is ongoing. Jan Markell markets this study. It is really good. We meet the 2nd and 4th Sunday evenings/month, here, at Corgi Hollows. I try to have the living room cleaned up and a fire in the fireplace, soup and treats. So far, so good.

We haven't had raclette yet this year!!! This is a travesty!
I guess I can blame discombobulation.

Perhaps you saw the previous post. My eldest son graduated from a criminal justice course in Washington. He was the president of his class, with distinction. I am proud of him. He has worked so hard all of his life. He's suffered several setbacks, overcome difficulties, and tragedy. I love seeing him succeed. It's a testimony of his nature---fun, hard-working, smart, and simply wonderful.

He also loves the LORD, and has the prophecy watcher bug like his mama. I couldn't be more pleased!

Margaret is still in France. She's enjoying this semester more than the last, and plans to go on a missions trip to Greece after the course finishes. This Greece trip will be to an island where refugees are entering Europe from the Middle East. I'm excited for her.

But I can't wait for her to get home either! We're all ready to see her again!

What a wonderful experience to study the Bible in France, though. It will be a wonderful life changer.

Cherie. She is doing so well. Her school work and her responsibilities at home have kept her busy, but she's been able to really spend time with her grandparents, too, next door. Her cello skills have improved remarkably this year! Also, she LOVES playing the piano. I am seeing a huge improvement there, too. Lack of snow has limited her cross country skiing this winter. She did get out once.

She's blossoming. She's such a reader I have to tell her to stop. Get outside!

Track season is coming soon. She'll be running again.

Funny things you'd never foresee---she'll be competing against my students where I sub!

So, there is the Corgi Hollows update. Blessings.


No comments: