"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Merry Christmas, Readers!

My heart is full.

We celebrated a time of feasting and fun with family and friends last weekend; a time of music, joy, fellowship, and connecting.

My husband and I performed "The Messiah" with the Minnetonka Choral Society. It was a beautiful event, washing our souls with Scripture.

My family was together for the first time in several years. My heart is full, still.

We laughed, ate, talked, laughed, ate, talked, laughed.

Hearts are full.


This weekend, with its upcoming days off afterwards almost seems superfluous. I'm sad for all the folks all over the world who are disillusioned with all things life-connected. Christmas can be such a downer.

We're all a bit tired after the busy time last weekend. It lends to grumpiness and discontent, but I am reminded that whatever is celebrated in the upcoming week is "gravy."

It's my job to be loving, kind, forgiving, and grateful. It doesn't come easily, friends. Human nature can be wildly predictable, and we know that discontent and other "sin" reside comfortably in each of our hearts.

It's a challenge to be salt and light in this world.

It's a challenge to be loving.

But we are commanded, and we MUST obey.

Rally the troops! Get your sleep! Wrap your presents! Fire up the ovens! 
Celebrate that Jesus came to this world as a human.

It happened, and we should PRAISE GOD!

No comments: