"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Go and Teach, Make

Matthew 28:19-20

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations to observe what I have commanded you.....

Jesus told us to do things, He commands us to obey Him. His commands are "light," not difficult, and we need to understand them to carry them out.

Clearly He wants us to teach others about these commands.

So what are they?

There are many things Jesus told his disciples to do, some of them pertained to a particular place and time, yet some are timeless, pertaining to all of the followers of Christ.

I think that learning and following His timeless commands and obeying them is a key to spiritual growth and understanding. Sadly, I believe few people even know what Jesus commanded in Scripture.

I encourage everyone to find a study on the commands of Christ.

The command I want to emphasize today is "Go and Teach." 

This command leaves no one out. Everyone should actively teach others about the truth. You can do it without fanfare, without announcement---just teach, tell, remark!

Pass on bits of truth, appealing to the spirit, not the mind. There are so many differences between the spirit and the soul (mind, will, emotion) and the body, which encases the soul. We see each other in such flat dimensions, but we have multi-faceted parts!

For an example of this I encourage you to watch Ray Comfort in action;

https://youtu.be/28Q-VXE3T-A


Ray engages the mind first, but then he bypasses it and cuts to the spirit. He does it every time. It's quite masterful, and the person doesn't even realize that the mind has been dismissed and the spirit has been engaged.

This is how we teach and make disciples, following Jesus' command. We are to go, to leave the comfort of our own choice, and to reach out to people who are lost.

They have a decision to make, reject or accept Jesus, but we are obeying Christ's command. That is what we are accountable for.

My yoke is easy and my burden is light. Take my yoke and learn of me. I am meek and lowly of heart. You will find rest for your souls. ---Jesus


Do it. Time is short, beloved.



No comments: