"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Birth Stories

Every mom has a birth story, most likely one for each child. I am no exception, each birth is traced in my mind, memories of each still vivid, good and bad.

The trauma and pain has a way of etching things deeper.

I remember feeling and timing labor pangs ten minutes apart on a Sunday night back in breath-taking hot Louisiana, July, 1991. Excitement and anticipation were the main emotions as I anticipated the birth of my firstborn.

Sunday passed into Monday. No abatement. I went to the doctor. "Yes, you are progressing, but go home and wait."

The pain got worse, steady, regular.

By Tuesday morning I was on the monitor. Tuesday night I was walking the halls of the hospital.

Wednesday was more of the same: steady pangs, increased pain.

By Thursday my wrists were useless---I had gripped the sidebars of the bed in agony too much.

I made it (with prayers and pleas) to Thursday evening, 6:00 pm, when a slightly blue darling baby boy appeared.

I was a medical mess. It took hours to repair the damage, a week in the hospital to recover---I was told I'd never be the same.

The obstetrician who stepped in (finally) for the actual birth flatly told me "this should have been a caesarean section." He seemed angry as he repaired my broken and torn body.

Birth; male, complicated by short nucal cord and transverse position.

Simple words.

Immense pain.

Immense joy.

Everything of a week summed up briefly, suffering and joy.


I think God gave me that experience for multiple reasons, spared my death, and the death of my son for multiple reasons. I went on to give birth four more times against the advice of medicine.

And God has been gracious. God has given. My five children are the source of much of my joy, all dear and amazing humans, precious in the sight of my God and savior.

God has blessed. What life has been!

My birth stories come to mind even now as the Bible describes the times we are in as "birth pangs."

I see unrest (Minneapolis is burning right now in response to George Floyd's death), we are being told of social distancing and tracing, we are being manipulated into a global society, the earth is quaking, the locusts are spawning, famine is next...

YOU CAN'T GO OUT! YOU MUST OBEY THE GLOBAL MASTERS!

Warnings that all become 10-minute-apart pangs that herald the ultimate birth. My week of pain pales in comparison to the weeks of pain we face as things get worse.


Almost daily I hear someone say "It's always been this way, it's no different."

I'm not sure if there is a spiritual pride in saying that dismissive observation. Is it fear? As a prophecy watcher I cannot stop seeing the signs of Christ's return, His blessed hope for us! I am too excited, too anticipating, to stop watching, to stop seeing.

JESUS IS COMING! THE KING OF KINGS, BRIDEGROOM, IS ON HIS WAY!!!

How can I not be thrilled?

Watch, brethren. Watch, sisters!

The silliness of the Antichrist and his coming fears pale in comparison to the birth that awaits us!

There is a special crown for watching. Why not try for it? We're running a race, remember?
Stop scoffing at us!

Those that prefer to blindly walk into the future are absolutely free to do so. I am that one who always reads the last chapter of a book first. I like knowing how it ends.

I still do.

There are some things we don't know. I could have perished on that birthing table many years ago, now. Had I been living even a few decades before that I would have. I didn't know if I'd survive in life, but I knew where I was going. I know where my two miscarried babies are. I know things that comfort me and help me face each day and its troubles.

I don't know if my head will be chopped off before that blessed hope spoken of in Titus 2:13. Many believers in Africa have already met that end at the sword of Islam. Perhaps a guillotine will be my end? Avoiding the global system would be worth that.

I am focused on what is after that. God's Word is true.

How many are ready to give all for eternal reward?

As we see the birth pangs we can be assured of one thing: Jesus IS coming soon for his bride.

Are you ready? Is there "oil in your lamp?" Are you filled with the Holy Spirit? Are you forgiven? Have you repented?

The voices of confusion and fear are accosting you every day. Are you tuning in the truth? Are you single-minded?

Slough off the cacophony of lies and fear that fill our ears daily. Don't you remember that Satan is the prince and power of the air?

You must steadily latch onto the truths of Scripture for these last days.


Don't bother telling me that Jesus has always been coming! I know that more than most of the world population----in fact I'm focused on it. (Thanks anyway, I will graciously tell you!)

I'm just trying to get the rest of the world awakened.


MARANATHA!


No comments: