"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, May 4, 2020

The Merry Month of May

I'm supposed to be preparing a major PowerPoint presentation at the minute, but I'm longingly looking outside at the garden and my little seedlings growing in buckets and small plastic planters here in the living room. I want to get them outside.

It was chilly this morning, though, and a fire is blazing merrily in the fireplace. It's cozy.

The tree leaves around Corgi Hollows have finally appeared, and buds are forming everywhere.

I'm attempting to gather seeds from a 60 year old birch tree my uncle planted in the front yard. Birch trees don't live as long as oaks, and I'm concerned about this one. It is pretty healthy, but I'd like to have an offspring from this particular tree to plant in the yard somewhere. I'd like another 60 years of birch glory at this place.

This farm that I grew up on was formerly known as Oakwood Hills Ranch. My parents named their portion "Maywood." Places have memories, history, and names. Trees probably do, too in their tree-ish ways. I'm keeping up the custom here, both names and trees.


Having a birch is a Scandinavian thing, I learned from my cousin. I'd like to keep that tradition going. So, I looked up how to start a birch seedling. I'm excited to get started once the flowers (which it is doing now) have developed.

I get an idea and it usually takes me a year to develop in my head. Last year it was the kitchen garden. This year it is getting a birch offspring started.

Did you know that Pentecost is also a high Rapture watch time?

Pentecost is on May 31 this year, by some calendars. (Not all). We truly do not know the day nor the hour of Christ's return for us. That is Scriptural, but we are also commanded to watch.

Keeping Christ's commands is a sign of loving Him.

It's simple! Watch!

I get the idea that I am no earthly good a lot of the time. My eyes are turned upward, but I'm still working with my hand to the plow.

Even so, Come Lord Jesus! MARANATHA!







xxx














gardening ideas | Suntrap Garden

No comments: