"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, October 5, 2020

For Us, a Big Week

 Closure is an interesting word. I think it means different things for each person.

There is closure of a day, a week, a month or year---an era.

Closure of a life. 

I cannot close something in my mind, at least I am trying to figure out a new type of outlook with the past at the forefront. The past is just a part of me, and my husband is still that, daily. I do not forget. I do not see a future without him. 

I am so thankful for the hope of the Rapture. Blessed hope. I look around as a prophecy watchman and I see that our time on earth is inevitably short. Jesus is coming for the church, and soon.

Israel has been a nation (fulfilling prophecy) since 1948. The generation that sees this nation will not pass away before SOMETHING happens. 

Are God's words true? 

Oh, yes. 

So, I do not grieve as those without hope. I will see my dear husband very soon. 

And yet closure--(not the crazy COVID-19 pro-forma that was dictated in June)--is a part of life and death on earth. 

I still needed to pause and reflect, you know, like a funeral? 

So we are having a celebration of Brian's life on Saturday. This is a type of closure ---for me, and I hope, for our children who can be present in spirit.

Those who would like to be a part (and are not terrified of getting Covid-19) are welcome to attend. 

I would like to remind you that our days are appointed, as Brian's were, and we are all living the days appointed by God. Nothing will snuff out a life before God's appointment. Nothing will keep a life on earth after God's appointment. His sovereign times are set in the meta-timeline and there is absolutely nothing we can do to change that----cancer, disease, accidents, heart attacks. 

These are God's appointments. 

It is appointed unto man once to die and after that the judgment. 


I do pray and request everyday to be raptured. I can bring my requests before the Most High. That is His will to answer my wish, yes or no, but I can bring my desires before Him. He knows them already, but I affirm them. 

Prayer changes things: specifically my own attitudes and heart cries. 

For I know the plans I have for you: plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for a hope and a future. 

Brian is rejoicing with Jesus and our two children who are already with the Lord, Sera and Jean. Brian is having fellowship with all the believers who have passed from this earthly tent and are now in the dimension of spirit and TRUTH.

He is whole, perfect, and truly rewarded. 

I celebrate his life. I celebrate that God gave us 30 years together. I celebrate that God gave us seven children, five of whom are still with us. 

So celebrate his life with me on Saturday, October 10. Park across the road in the hay field. We are going to sit around the fire (temps are predicted in the 70's for Saturday) and roast hot dogs and s'mores. We will share memories and thoughts and think of how Brian loved life. 

We are dressing up as characters from history, celebrating the past with Corgi Hollows History day. We will make a timeline of history photograph, with everyone standing in chronological order. I'm dressing as a character from the 1100's (AD), which is an interesting era for me.  

We will encourage each other to watch for the Rapture of the church. 

I have many assignments this week for my schoolwork, so I will be busy. When you come there will be general mayhem and leaves on the ground from this season. But come if you can. At 2:00 to 2:45 we will have a gathering to share a few thoughts. The event is from 12 to 5. Come at any time from 12 to 5.

No, this isn't a funeral. COVID dictated that. This is celebration of life for those who want a type of closure----

For me, at least. 

Life isn't fair. God never said it would be. Life is hard. Life is precious. 

Isn't is wonderful to have perfection to anticipate with the One who paid the price for our sin?


See you Saturday.

No comments: