"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Stuff is Happening

 Do you ever feel practically overwhelmed? 

No, it's not finals for me, but the start of the new semester. I'm back in the swing of things, plugging away at my master's degree, one class at a time. Actually, this is the first semester that I am taking only one course. It was the only one offered that I needed for my program, so I'm taking it from the Lord as a special gift. 

The holidays are over. I've been distracted and weighed down with several problems that have raised their ugly heads. Life can be hard, and it is more hard when you are dealing with grief and loss. 


When I get to heaven I'm planning on asking Jesus why it had to be so hard. 

Then, it will probably not matter. 

Aside from all of the day-to-day we are in the midst of a national re-set. Maybe we're in the midst of a global reset. 

It was 30 years ago that I met the darkest spirit I'd ever met, in Germany, in a small church. I was introduced to the Illuminati (and I'd never heard that name before.) I simply understood that there was a demonic entity that had jurisdiction over that place. 

Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. As a very young woman I knew that, but the force of evil was palpable. 

Ever since that moment I knew what evil lived among us. 

I didn't hear that term again until later, but by then the entity was well established and exerting force in the global powers. It came as no surprise to me that those who bent to dark power would prosper temporarily. 

I know Scripture. I know who wins in the end. 

At this point we wonder about the evil that manifests around us, deceiving us, discouraging us, warring against us. That's warfare, spiritual. 

The Lord asks us to stand firm in His promises, looking to serve Him in every way by His power and authority. Standing firm against evil is done with the help of the Holy Spirit. 

It's more difficult to stand firm when your personal world starts to cave in.

And yet, even then, we know that we are to set our minds on things above (Colossians 3) and we must never compromise our faith and trust in Christ.

He knows how hard it is. 

Are we worldly minded? Is our mind set on things above? Is our heart hidden in Christ Jesus? 

Take a look at the list of sins mentioned in Colossians 3. God wants us to abstain from even the appearance of evil. The choice is to be one with the world, or one with the Lord. 

I choose the LORD. 

Is He able to keep us, to help us with this? 

Our God is ABLE. 

So stand, dear ones. Don't compromise. To obey is better than sacrifice. 

Just obey Christ's sweet commands! 

Your reward is with Christ Jesus. 

MARANATHA!

No comments: