"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, April 19, 2010

The end is near!

Yesterday I had a discussion with one of my children about the people who wore those signs on the streets of big cities.  Are there any people doing that anymore?  I wonder how it would be to go downtown and talk about the end of the ages to strangers.  Volcanoes, earthquakes, drought, bee dilemmas, famine, meteors (wow, I've never seen anything like that!) and signs in the heavens, political quagmires; what more can indicate that time is short?  This past week has been exciting.  I am sorry for those who suffer.  I hope the message is not lost through suffering.  Repent, believe.  Time is short.
I believe the Bible, and I am only more convinced as I age that truth is in its teachings.  I choose not to pick and choose which doctrines I give credence to.  I just simply believe it all is true, and somehow my worldview makes infinite sense.  What a joy.  What peace!

Yesterday in choir we sang something I cannot keep from weeping with.  "Light Everlasting," by Christianson.  Math is the language of science.  Music is the language of worship.  I consider it a privilege to be a part of making such memorable and moving worship.

No comments: