"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Two Worlds

For the past months I've been so struck by the awareness of the two worlds we exist in, and their intersection. As a child I understood them more as one, but now in my dotage I can see the obvious dichotomy. Perhaps cynicism has lent itself to my thought shaping. Certainly my worldview has influenced me.
For those of us who became spiritually attuned as children, and grew toward that knowledge through the years, the reality of the spiritual world is almost self evident.
People who have not experienced it, and do not acknowledge it have really no concept of its existence! This fascinates me! How does one even describe the things of the spirit to someone who has knowledge only of the base?
I'm thankful for God's Word. It eloquently describes the spiritual, but again, some will remain unconvinced. Must run off to a busy day of spring cleaning. The physical is calling.

No comments: