"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, April 30, 2010

Saturday and Sunday

Hooray!  It's the weekend.  I have been mulling over the events of the last few days and last weekend, and I feel so incredibly blessed to have so many things go right.  Sure, I hit my son's car last week.  It could have been bad, but it wasn't, and it is already running in top shape again.  I have more things done around the house.
I learned that I may not be doing Paraguay Knits for next year, as the missionaries in Paraguay are retiring this year.  I think I was a little saddened to give it up!  Such fellowship and such fun projects.  I made some blessed friendships through that whole project.
We'll see if anyone new will be assigned to that tribe who would like to continue the project
Now it's time to finish my Irish Aran Fisherman's sweaters for my menfolk.
I read "In Other Rooms, Other Wonders," for my book club which will meet Monday.  Depressing.  Is it depressing because it describes an Islamic lifestyle--both the very rich and the very poor?  Or just humanity?  I tend toward the religious explanation.
Faith is something that can give deepest joy in the moment, or it can stay one through darkness.  Everyone has darkness, and I am no stranger to it.  I battle my blue days like anyone else.  I am grateful for the grace from God to manage those days. 
By the way, we still think there will be Corsettes in our future.  Mal sehen, as the Germans say! 
I heard Governor Tim Pawlenty on Wednesday evening.  He is so likable.  I always thought he was just a good old boy, but he really is smart!  He handled himself very well in the forum we attended.
Just want to say one more thing---follow Christ!  He satisfies.

No comments: