"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday. February. Snow Record. Provisions.

It's calm and serene outside, and bitterly cold.  The nation is recovering from a massive blizzard, and everyone seems relieved to have survived.  We got only a few inches of snow, which left us unfazed after the continuous bouts of snow we've seen in the duration of this winter.
Perhaps it is easier to live in this "unfriendly" climate.  We seem to know how to deal with extremes more gracefully than the world to the south! 
We relish the thought of skiing on Friday.  This winter has been "epic" for skiing!  I hope our local ski place is taking it to the bank, and planning for less profitable winters ahead!
And so should we.  When we have much it is naturally our responsibility to save and store (not hoard) for the inevitable hard time to come.  We will then be required to share what we have with those who do not.
My youngest son has a tender heart toward those in need.  He loves to assist at the local charity for children suffering from hunger.  When he gave a generous donation recently I asked him if he really had enough cash to do so, and he looked at me and said, "The Bible tells us to give to the poor."
Just to see if he really knew what he was talking about I challenged him.  "Where does it say it in the Bible?  Show me."
A few hours later he brought me 2 4x6 cards with several verses (with references) written out on them.  All of them were admonishments to care for those in need.  Had to smile.
It was a nice reminder.  I'm thankful for all that we have.  I'm thankful for God's generosity to us.  We need to share!

No comments: