"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

God is So Good

I was listing blessings today, and I find that I am overwhelmed.

The old hymn, "Count Your Blessings," is a truth sayer. When you take the time to think of every blessing, little or big, you are bound to be surprised at the huge number of things GOOD in your life. God gets the credit, and you are happily joyful at His provision.

There was an interview for a job today, for my husband. It went well, but that is no promise of something materializing in the form of an offer, as we all know by now!

So thankful that the interviewing corporation has little to do with the decision to hire him. Really. I'm thankful that my Loving Father in Heaven makes that choice. In the meantime I am resting. I am thankful for each lovely day.

The sun's corona this evening was absolutely stunning, and that was listed as one of the numerous blessings! Why not?

Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

I have that plaque hanging on my wall, and it has been such a comfort to me during hard times. Joy comes in the morning.

Another dear old saint who I counted a huge influence on my life passed into heaven this morning. She is rejoicing. I chatted with her a few weeks ago, such a sharp lady, and so in tune with everything! Praise the Lord she is with Him.

Thankful tonight. So many people praying for us, and I am SO grateful! God bless all of you !!

No comments: