"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Trollhaugen

Today I am a troll. It's in my Norwegian blood, and I can't help it at times. My children have learned to fear me when I announce that I'm having a troll moment. It comes in handy sometimes.

Today my eldest son drove back to college. I always feel his loss, even when it has been often felt. He visited the doctor yesterday with a possible re-lapse of  Mononucleosis from last winter. :(

Margaret is down with acute bronchitis. Chest x-rays today will reveal if it is even pneumonia. She is appropriately medicated, but very tired.

I am experiencing the first cold of the season, too. It curbs my style (except as a troll). Just when we think we have a healthy start to winter with exercise and great autumn nutrition (squash and apples!) we fall under the curse of the chill and fever.

Even the dogs had a spat with each other. Afterward we were all filled with adrenaline and everyone made up with doggy kisses, but it wasn't nice! I think what caused it was the re-arranged furniture, maybe?

I am thrilled that my husband has been chosen as a "finalist" for one of the job opportunities he interviewed for. We must wait the weeks while "they" make a final decision, AND PRAY!

Meanwhile we work out budget difficulties and putter on fall chores, rearrange the furniture(!) and ferry the young ones about. Thankful that the furnace is comfortably sending out pipe sounds and warmth. It's gray and windy outside with frosty nights and cold rain.

My favorite pie apples, "Haralson," are on a bargain right now and I anticipate making PIE tomorrow. That will not feed the troll. Exactly opposite.

You are invited for pie and ice cream, if you dare!

No comments: