"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It Rains and Pours!

But pray harder than ever, please! As of yesterday there were 3 calls to my husband for second interviews, plus a call from a local building supply for a part time shift opening!

Surely something could happen with any of these four possibilities, but we are only "in the running" so to speak until an offer is made.

Pray for the people involved with considering him.

I have had great peace, but my health seems to be suffering some.

Incidentally, the rain really is coming down outside right now, and that is welcome hydration for the grass, most of which had died in the month-long drought.

Shocking news yesterday: an old friend (I grew up knowing him from church) drove around the closed train crossing gates and was killed by a train. It is jarring to hear such news, and troubling. Grief in my old community.

Since we are all really busy with school I have had little time to write here, but I'd love to talk about the quick trip to Chicago for a friend's wedding (lovely), and the last weekend's prophecy conference, Chinese friends getting married, a brief visit from my eldest from college, and my mom's frail health.

Lots to think about!

Thank you for your prayers!

No comments: