"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Distractions

We are in the middle of three Northern Lights Chorale concerts. Last Thursday we sang for a club of retired musicians, Saturday we had our joint concert with a fantastic high school choir, and next Sunday is our "fall finale." I am busy with keeping healthy, keeping up the house, (driving cello), school, and practicing extra.

One of my dearest friends is having a difficult week. Her mother-in-law passed on Sunday evening, and she is fighting two exhausting illnesses at once! Pray for her. Oh, and she has 10 children. I'm headed over there today with a little encouragement (I hope).

I'm still wondering what is missing in my own life periodically, and I realize it's that dark cloud that was over my head all last year! How freeing. Still getting used to it!

How I wish that we all could have a lighter outlook. I now know the discouragement of waiting.

Thankful that our hope is in the Lord.

I heard a phrase on Sunday that I posted on facebook, and will post here too. It's clever and though provoking. I'll leave you with this until I can get back to blogging!

Does your god conform to your behavior or does your behavior conform to your god?

No comments: