"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, November 4, 2011

Grace

I've had a long lesson in grace this week.

grace

[greys] Example Sentences Origin

grace

[greys] Show IPA noun, verb, graced, grac·ing.
noun
1.
elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action: We watched her skate with effortless grace across the ice. attractiveness, charm, gracefulness, comeliness, ease, lissomeness, fluidity. stiffness, ugliness, awkwardness, clumsiness; klutziness.
2.
a pleasing or attractive quality or endowment: He lacked the manly graces.
3.
favor or goodwill. kindness, kindliness, love, benignity; condescension.
4.
a manifestation of favor, especially by a superior: It was only through the dean's grace that I wasn't expelled from school. forgiveness, charity, mercifulness. animosity, enmity, disfavor.
5.
mercy; clemency; pardon: He was saved by an act of grace from the governor. lenity, leniency, reprieve. harshness.
EXPAND
verb (used with object)
14.
to lend or add grace to; adorn: Many fine paintings graced the rooms of the house. embellish, beautify, deck, decorate, ornament; enhance, honor. disfigure, desecrate, demean.
15.to favor or honor: to grace an occasion with one's presence. glorify, elevate, exalt. disrespect, dishonor.


The book definition is incomplete. I have seen an overwhelming sense of God's presence and love, and I feel this is His grace.
No, it's not relief, which I also feel, but a sense of His care for me, for my family, for the ones that love Him.
We all knew that God provides in His time. He does. He did.


Many things to celebrate this week:  wedding anniversaries, birthdays, a new job, healthy bodies, connections with the people who matter most to us.


My third son has been gifted an opportunity to play a Bach fugue on a pipe organ tomorrow. He is ecstatic. I hope the experience doesn't disappoint! Expectations are very high.


I am aware that God has mercy, grace, and love for us. Expectations of His power never disappoint.


I hope this encourages you.

No comments: