"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, November 7, 2011

Overflow

I made my husband eggs and toast this morning and off he went to work. :)

It's early still and school is humming along (we already did science, social studies, literature) They are working on math right now, soon to get to spelling, handwriting, and grammar.

I leave shortly for my monthly book club. The book to be discussed is "The Other Wes Moore," by Wes Moore.

It was okay. More depressing than else.

I have been inundated with information over the past week. Aside from the relief we experienced knowing my husband would again be working, family life went on with a buzz.

My youngest son and I attended a 32-hour seminar which teaches basic principles for character building and spiritual growth. I have attended this seminar countless times over my life since I was 12 years old, but every time I go it hits me in a new way, a new emphasis. Certainly it speaks to my current circumstance.

There is a wonderful section on fear and worry. I need to be reminded of how to deal with anxiety constantly. Really. I am a slow learner. I let fear creep into my heart all the time. One of my biggest fears is for my dear friends and family who don't see Christ alone as their hope. They tend to live a life that shows no spiritual fruit, no enduring faith in what all the Bible teaches. They are in bondage to flesh, living without repentance. My heart aches for them! Thankful that I am not judge, but grieving their spiritual loss. But I should be giving my assumed rights up to the Lord, and giving Him my expectations and trust. I should face my worries head on, dealing with them as they enter my head! It is a hard lesson for me. For anyone?

As we all know, our hope is in the Lord, the Maker of Heaven and Earth. We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. He cares for us. Even unto death.

Last night we attended a prophecy event. If you like prophecy, which I always have, this would have been fun for you. Nothing new to us Bible readers, but fascinating developments within the church itself: as it says in Jude, Timothy, Revelation, and Jesus' messages in the gospel, there will be WOLVES among the SHEEP in the last days.

Well, who are they? They are certainly there. God's word is true. We've been in the last days since the time of Christ.

Discerning hearts and spirits that have been born again can rely on the Holy Spirit for truth regarding those wolves. Measure the teaching of anyone you hear against Holy Scripture.  Read the Word. It is our hope, our source of spiritual knowledge. It is alive and comforting, helpful and directive.

Remember what Scripture says about the world uniting in the last days? There are those who hunger after power. The spirit of anti-Christ is alive and well throughout the world, wishing to draw economies, religion, and philosophies to a grand oneness.  That is simply straight out of Revelation.

Ask yourself if you have been deceived in to believing unity is what God really wants. It isn't. Christ came to divide. He brings not peace but a sword. He is either the only truth or a massive lie. You cannot sit on the fence.

Christ saves. He gives salvation freely out of His great love for us. Get in the fold!

In the sky the constellation of the Big Dipper has wonderful significance for our last days. It is situated in the sign of Cancer, the crab. Most civilizations have known it as Ursa Major, or the big bear. In ancient zodiacs it was the Sheepfold. It is a beautiful picture of how Christ Jesus is gathering His own "sheep," saving them from the judgement of damnation to come. Every time I look up at the Big Dipper I see a symbol of my hope in Christ.

Jesus saves. He is ready to "take us," as he took Enoch. Blessed hope.

Don't put your trust in any church, creed, or religion. Only in Christ alone. Certainly watch your philosophy, that it is pure from the influence of WOLVES in sheep's clothing.

Learning of different "wolves" at the meeting last night, of their philosophies which are even only slightly askew (and therefore more deceptive) gives me hope that we will see Christ soon.

If you want more information email me. Fascinating stuff!  I am overflowing!

No comments: