"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pud's Pecan Pie

Years ago, when my husband and I lived in Louisiana, whenever we would drive across the miles of southern landscape I'd see pecan tree groves. By the time I got home I was always hungry for pecan pie!

 I met a dear friend there, who was a southern belle gourmet if ever you could ask for one! (Ala Paula Dean)

I got several memorable recipes from her. She always shared!

This is her luscious pecan pie:


1 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
2 beaten eggs
3 Tbsp. flour
3 Tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans

Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.

Enjoy with whipped cream!

2 comments:

Brian said...

I thought it called for cane syrup; though corn syrup will do, no doubt.

Corgi Hollows said...

I've got it in her handwriting...:)