"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It Does Affect

Hey, it's -12° here right now, and I don't want to go outside.

My husband, Margaret, and my Runner (Son number 2) have started their vehicles and entered the world. It's the coldest it's been in 4 years, and that's cold.

Tell me why the dogs needed to go out at 3:30 am, and bark at ??? And need to be lured in (!). Sometimes animal behavior astounds me.

I always feel sorry for the wildlife on nights like this. Arctic temperatures seem inhumane.

So today we try to rev the engines and exist.

Enjoy your sun and sand, your beaches and waves, your turquoise water, you equator dwellers. Yes, we need that up here, but we'll make it.

We'll get through this bleak mid-winter.

Gen 7:22 “As long as the earth endures,
seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night
will never cease.”

I take comfort in this promise.

No comments: