"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Light in the Dark

There comes a time when you simply must abandon all sense of self and be the Christ-light in the world.

It's hard. You have to overcome all the self-image issues you grew up with, the guilty conscience of all your faults, your fears of losing friends and bonds with relatives...

But really, that is exactly what it takes to be for Christ.

It doesn't matter how flawed you are. You could be the ugliest troll on earth and if you are called to be light for Christ, His power will only shine brighter!

Often I feel that is my own story. Always unsure of myself and aware of my own unattractiveness I have only found more delight in Christ, and what He accomplishes through me. The weaker the vessel, the more power from the Holy One.

It doesn't matter how weak your body is. You could be without legs and arms and shine the light of Christ. (I'm sure you've seen the testimony of that young Australian man who has none.)

This week I watched the testimony of Adrian Peterson on a CBN network tape. He certainly has the story, and he's anything but perfect, but he has chosen to stand for the truth of Jesus Christ.

And yes, I am a Vikings fan. Tonight's a big game. Yes, I knitted my own hat. I'm very hopeful we can beat Green Bay.

I love that Leslie Frasier, Adrian Peterson, and Jared Allen have all made professions of faith in Jesus Christ. I love that the team has cleaned up its image. (Thank you, Brad Childress!)

It's only more to cheer about!

Be light. Be Christians. Stand up and risk it all for the One Who is all in all. 
It's getting dark out there.

No comments: