"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Overload

Okay, I have the cards I was going to send out for Christmas here, the stuff I need to write my thank you notes, and a couple of boxes ready for the post office.

I confess that I STRUGGLE with getting things sent. I think it's one of my worst vices!

There are so many things to do, and I LOVE keeping up with people, but there are times when I just FAIL.

Getting things to the post office is one of those things.

Maybe it's because my husband is so good at it....and I've let him do it most of the time! Maybe it's because the computer is just so much more efficient and quick!

But we've both been overloaded lately. He and I.

There has been a doctor's appointment almost every day of this month, it seems, for someone in the family! School has started up with new schedules and activities. Camp outs, swimming program (every Saturday), shopping the clearance events, house guests, parties, and something else:

Processing.

So much to process. It takes time to think everything through, remember the things you never want to forget and deal with the new things that inevitably hit.

I've had a week of thought, and it wasn't my choice. It simply happened in response to the overload we've been going through.

It's normal. It's healthy. It's absolutely a MUST to process things in our minds after experiencing them, and it takes time. Quiet, and time. Prayer.

So you won't be getting cards from us yet. I'm still processing our incredible trip to Germany, and I'm behind on lots of communication there, too.

And is anyone else just mentally weary from the world and all its sorrows? I am.

Obama has shown himself to be true to his ideologies and we can know where he stands with unfettered knowledge. Just another cause to be depressed.

Sad faces everywhere. They need to process...

No comments: