"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, March 15, 2013

Corgi Hollows B & B

Isn't Predicate cute?

She's hiding from the chaos around here.

So much going on!

The Corgi Hollows Bed and Breakfast (Lunch and Dinner included) is now open. The "new" guest room is ready for guests, and it's been in use two nights already!

Our guest is a seasoned traveler (who sometimes reads this blog) and he pronounced it to be like a British B & B. I take that as high praise! Thank you.

We are ready for friends, International Students, and new and old family members!

The rest of the house is still needing sprucing, but hey, we can't get it all done at once, can we?

Inch by inch, foot by foot, one day at a time, whatever progress looks like.

Other things:

The spring NLC concert is shaping up. I have a new group that I'm contributing to right now, with rehearsal piano accompaniment  and singing an alto part. It's a swing-sound group.

In the main concert I get to do some Irish piping with one of my flutes. Should be fun.

The music is very moving.  We choke up often as we're singing it!

My niece and nephew released their first album with Columbia Records (Isles) this week. Not a big fan of that type of music (reggae/jazz/island) but happy they are happy with it! We wonder how well it will do. My nephew is a very sweet, smart, creative fellow with a superb eye for wit. My niece is a pretty girl, perfect for a music career! I wish them success.

As you know, from reading previous posts, the music industry is rife with supernatural warfare. I prefer to leave the questionable music at arm's length. Some have more courage, or simply no awareness. We must be SO careful.

Because prophecy is a "big" story this week with the roman pope being elected (see previous posts), I've thought about the type of person who loves it. Mostly we are sufferers of pain. We are compassionate---we want to see the suffering in this world to end, to have time culminate. We look for the One we love most---our Lord and Savior.

It can't be long now, and I want EVERYONE to be ready!

I'm reading The Cross in the Shadow of the Crescent right now.

There is an interesting quote in it, interesting for two reasons. At our church dinner on Sunday my pastor mentioned a trip he'd taken to China with Erwin Lutzer years ago. That night I was reading this book when Lutzer mentioned that very trip! He quoted Bishop Ding, the leader of the 3 Self movement at that time, with whom they had met. Ding said that there are no Liberal Christians in China.

They all left the faith under persecution.

Interesting to think of all the implications there. What sort of faith has the staying power for glory? What sort of faith is concerned only for this world, and not the next? What sort of faith drives men to share Christ, and Christ alone?

May I never leave the faith, and may the persecuted throughout the world be crowned in GLORY!

"My Kingdom is not of this world."

So we long for it. The Kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.





No comments: