"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Scout Stuff

Camping season is almost upon us! This afternoon, after math, we plan to get caught up on sewing----Merit Badges, that is.

I've been negligent in keeping the Scout uniform up to date with newly earned Merit Badges. I've even struggled with getting my own uniform up to snuff!

So today, just in time for the upcoming camp-out, I'm attempting to remedy this great neglect.

This is not my favorite thing to do, so Ed must watch and help. He will have to learn to help himself out here.

The first camp-out is to Wisconsin. Should be cold, seeing that the snow pack has hardly diminished in our neck of the woods. I do see a few more patches of brown grass outside than I saw yesterday, and the icicles are dripping steadily. Hope?

Today the Supreme Court hears a case on marriage.


What are we coming to? Must we be accosted on all fronts?

What it says to me is that Satan's time is very limited---probably only a decade or so, and he will reap the rewards of his rebellion against God for eternity SOON. He's certainly working overtime lately.

Everything good, pure, sweet, undefiled, and righteous is now becoming bad, sour, impure and evil.

Or everything?

Our churches and schools, our families and governments. Our children. Our minds.

How long will the Lord God stay His hand? Every week I think we can see the nearness of His return as the world crumbles around us. He is our Rock. He is our Hope. He is all we have. Do you hear a trumpet?
I think it's tuning up.

I see the verses if Scripture coming to life, about families falling apart, about wolves in sheep's clothing. It's so true!

"It's always been that way," you may say. Well, maybe for you. Not for me. I've seen the corruption of things once virtuous on a scale like never before.

Ha, ha! laughs the devil. But not for long.

I am so thankful that the ending is one of victory for the virtue----Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world----to reign forever.

Be encouraged!

No comments: