"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Culinary Ideas

I tried a new thing the other day in my pursuit of eating fewer foods of GMO origin.

I gave up drinking pop for this fasting season. (Please don't lecture me on fasting----I do it, not often enough, but "Lent" is a good time to group-fast, and being secretive about it just doesn't make sense when you are doing a group thing.)  Fasting is good as a physical benefit, not just a spiritual one.

I do like cola, for help in treating my headaches. It's probably psychological but it seems to help me some.

I saw this natural cane syrup cola mix at Target the other day and had a brain storm.

Natural cola syrup (no corn-syrup) and Mendota Springs sparkling water = WOW!

It's just really good cola!!

And it's not expensive! I didn't buy the soda machine. Didn't need to! The sparkling water was about $.50 a serving and the syrup about $.25.

That's cheaper than the sugar coke you can get at Costco, from Mexico.

Just thought I'd pass on the tip.








We also made a combination of these peeps and chocolate/peanut butter nests for the holiday. They are very cute, but I can't find an image from Woman's World magazine that published the recipe a few years back. They have green coconut too. Very cute.  Cherie did the whole recipe by herself, so I was so pleased.

Today I'm making dozens of hard-boiled eggs to bring to church for an impromptu breakfast. I want to bring a big fruit bowl and "cinnamon knots" too.

The knots are easy to make, not very sweet, but perfect finger food.

Our boys and their fiancees are invited with us to Grandpa's and Grandma's house for the feast.

I'm bringing white cake with lemon filling and whipped cream frosting for dessert. Along with the nests it should be very tasty!

Jesus is Risen! He is indeed Risen!!!!

No comments: