"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, June 23, 2017

Cool, Clear Waters

The days shorten.

I am a prophecy watcher. There is one thing that convinces me Christ's return is imminent more than anything else, and that is the spiritual blindness that I see around me.

Am I spiritually blind? We all MUST ask that question.

I have discovered that basing my faith on the one thing that God ordains is the only safe path to true belief-----that is, the Bible.

I live or die by the veracity of that document. I have no other post to stake my belief on.

My experiences, though amazing and wonderful, are spiritual, and cannot be fathomed by anyone not born again.

I can revel in them, but they are not transferable.

The only thing I have to trust is God's Word, and everything measures up to it in this world; Science, doctrine, psychology, philosophy, meaning. It all must bow to its authority.

Can I rely on the Word of God, the Holy Bible?
Yes.

The Old Testament is completely reliable. The Jewish scribe, Ezra was instrumental in bringing forward ancient texts from the patriarchs. The OT prophets and writings of David are more reliable than any other ancient document. Archeology continues to affirm the claims of Scripture.

The New Testament is also reliable. I've been fascinated and educated by Christian Pinto's research on the reliability of the King James Version. I like to compare the Martin Luther German to the KJV. I'm satisfied that the KJV is an accurate translation, true to the manuscripts brought to Europe after the fall of Constantinople. These manuscripts are probably the most reliable. Not the Vulgate, nor the Codex Sinaiticus. The KJV was translated from more reliable manuscripts.

I'm thankful for Tyndale, Wycliffe, and the Protestant reformers.

Finding an external authority for a philosophical compass is a beautiful, healing, refreshing thing. The Word of God is that compass for me.

Cool, clear water.

But the days are full of muddying influences. The Word of God is attacked, mocked, undermined. That has always been the case, but perhaps more so now.

As Satan tries to infiltrate Christian institutions he snatches those who are not philosophically anchored.

That's why bastions of Christianity like Harvard, Yale, and other Ivy league colleges are no longer bastions of faith. Satan has won his battles there.

But he doesn't win the war, and everyone should be asking---"Whose side am I on?"

The "intelligentsia"  and self named "intellectuals" who rule in these institutions are a godless lot of sinners. They deny Christ and His commands. They mock the Apostle Paul. They thumb their noses in the face of the living God who created them and all they see.

As Psalm 120 warns, they will get what they deserve.

Simple, childlike, even foolish faith wins in the end.

It's so refreshing in these warming days, days of end-time approach.

The misguided concern over politics and policy will become moot in an instant. The world players act out their parts in the ongoing timeline of Bible prophecy and we faithful ones watch expectantly. We know the end, we see the whole picture.

God wins.

The relief washes over me like cool, fresh water.


No comments: