"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Summer Thoughts

It's gorgeous again today. I work later this afternoon, but this morning I'm drinking coffee with Ed at the sunny table by the bay window.

Here are some birds I've heard and seen at Corgi Hollows:
Blue Jays
Cardinals
Chickadees
Nuthatches
Brown Thrashers
Goldfinches
Orioles
Flickers
Pileated Woodpecker
Downy Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Phoebes
Robins
Wrens
Bald Eagles
Hawks
Owls
Catbirds
Red-winged Blackbirds
Grackles
Starlings
Crows
Wood ducks
Sandhill Cranes
Mallards
Canada Geese
Chipping Sparrows
English Sparrows
Warblers
Pine Warblers
Pheasants
Scarlet Tanager---once

Most of these I see daily. The trees and swamps are alive with fowl.  We are blessed with interesting activity outside.

It's an endless source of entertainment and background noise.

Corwyn continues to adjust. There are the daily battles with Topi. We MUST watch them, because Corwyn doesn't like to let up in play, and Topi tolerates more than anyone else would! He's the best cat, but his instincts can kick in and that would be it for Corwyn.

She's sleeping pretty well at night, and that's nice.
She seems such a sensible puppy!

Blackberry has made acquaintance with Corwyn. The puppy has learned to give the old lady space and respect. There is a good vibe between them, but caution.

The grass is growing like crazy around here. Mowing season is upon us. Corn is planted and sprouted across the road, and I think it will obstruct our views by July. That's rural life.

There is still water in places that it wasn't for many years. The tables must be really high. We haven't had rain for a week, but it certainly is lush. I'm still trying to plant things. Maybe after school ends next week. I still have some subbing days next week.

Then it's vacation.

Margaret has been working steadily. She's getting ready for fall classes.
Cherie is done with Spring Track. She's reading, devouring books. Many books. Books she's read before, books she doesn't want to read (I "suggest"), books she wants to read----She's always got a book in her bag.
Ed is gearing up for a summer calculus class, but before that he gets to go to camp "Mak-a-Dream" in Montana again.

He really enjoyed being at that camp last summer, meeting other kids with cancer, and the entire experience. This camp is free for cancer patients, thanks to generous donors.

Our summer is already full.
The calendar is colorful with markered dates and appointments.

We are on the last months of cancer treatment. We have a date in sight to end chemo. It seems hard to believe, but it should come around.

Maranatha! I  can't help it. I just want the LORD to come back and take us to meet Him in the air.
It's going to happen. We just don't know when. All of our cancers, diseases, pain, depression, illnesses, trials, tribulations, hardships, issues GO AWAY!

How can we not hope for such a wonderful promise?!

God's Word is true. It's the only hope for this world.

Repent and believe, because it is your only option.

My world is full of light and dark, but I keep my eyes on the one thing I can trust, and have trusted my whole life---Jesus Christ, Savior. He is the light that gets me through the dark. I can't live without Him.

May HE be your light, too.

No comments: