"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Corwyn Adjustments

Corwyn is a delight.

She's feisty. Feistier than Misty ever was. I'm taken aback by her fierceness some of the time. Little puppy teeth are SHARP, and we are all trying to teach her that biting too hard results in a startling "NO" from the victim. She's gradually learning.

Housetraining is slow. She has established her "den," which is the dining room/kitchen area and when no one is watching she hies to the nearest area rug---"grass"--- and takes care of necessities. Arrrgh.

Thankful for 409, Mrs. Meyer's Geranium Scented All-purpose Cleaner, and any other bottle of cleaning fluid at hand. This too shall pass.

She's not dumb. She's very smart!

Topaz, the buff black cat, thinks Corwyn is his personal playmate. We are endlessly amused by his somersaults and antics. We have to monitor this crazy playtime. He gets his beating from puppy teeth, and the two can really tussle.

By the end of the first week she was sleeping most of the night. That's progress!

Puppy days are fleeting. She will be a staid, responsible Corgi before we can even believe.

The constant vigilance will cease.

I would like to ask you to pray for something I cannot share about. The LORD knows what it is, but if you would be in prayer for this matter with me I would be so thankful. It's big. Perhaps at some time I can give a full report, but not now. For now I ask that you would simply pray for my Request.

Life is difficult, complex, hard, surprising, and, of course, unfair.

And wonderful. It's a gift from God.

As soon as we give up our expectations of life we find true happiness.

How many times have we heard that gratefulness is key to joy?
Contentment is key to living a satisfied life?
That poverty can be the freest existence?
People need food, water, and shelter, but some of the poorest people on earth appear to be the most satisfied with life.

There is a reason for that. Their dependence is on God's gifts, and not their own striving. God gives life. He promises to provide for us.

Until death.

I was thinking about death last night. We don't like to think about it, but everyone faces it. Everyone dies. Death can be so awful!

Such a horrible consequence to the fall of mankind.

It is a picture we must face and come to terms with.

I dread death, but the LORD has told me that death is swallowed up in victory. So I look to Him to help me face it, whenever it comes.

And I pray for His deliverance. The Rapture. Our blessed hope. We're heading out of this earthly home.

To know the Creator of the Universe is a privilege. To know that He created each one of us in His own image, knitting together our DNA in each womb, fashioning us according to His plan, is an awesome thought.

We are called to serve Him, to glorify Him. We exist because of Him, in Him, and through Him.
Anything else on our part is idolatry.

God is good. He is love. He is worthy of our praise.

I'm watching for His return, and until then I will live each day to His glory. I will thank Him for His uncountable blessings. I will give Him honor and praise. I will live the life of one who seeks to obey Him. I want to be counted as His friend.

"He who loves me keeps my commandments."

I will wait on Him, living each day that He gives to His purposes. This is my will.

I hope it is yours.


No comments: