"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, September 4, 2017

Labor Day

It's a gorgeous day in Minnesota and I labored all morning at the deli. Margaret also labored, both at the coffee shop and the evening shift at the deli.

We had guests all weekend. Fun, welcome guests.

My husband and I went to the jail last evening for Pilot Outreach Ministry. I always get a blessing from being with these ladies at the county jail who are waiting for sentencing. It is an emotional experience for them and me.

What else happened?

I am still putting things in order from my travels. Is it worth it to travel, when you come back to things in disarray?

I conclude, yes!

This year there was this darling little corgi puppy that complicated matters----and enhanced them! We are all in love with the little amber and white furry body that makes up Corwyn. Her personality is just sweet! She loves her Grandma next door, who comes almost daily to take her for walks and gives her treats. She seems to be fairly well mannered overall.

She's simply marvellous.

Last week I was able to see family, several cousins and my brothers. My aunt passed away at age 94, a strong believer in Jesus, and so ready to go HOME.

Her funeral was very well attended. I think that corresponds with the impact she had on people. She was a quiet, generous loving soul.

Her lemon bars are simply unparalleled. I do not exaggerate.

I'm always meeting people at the deli (it is in my hometown) and seeing people who look familiar. We're all older now, so I wonder if the person I think it is, IS!

As we age people start to look more similar---prominent features stand out, eyes and chins, mouths and noses remind us of someone...

Who does that remind me of?

I'm asking myself that all the time. I think it's a form of memory sudoku! I'm trying to keep my mind sharp.

Tomorrow my school district starts classes where I substitute teach. I'm looking forward to seeing the students again.

I guess I'm just a teacher, through and through.

I'm in prayer all the time. For Ed, for others that desperately need prayer. Satan is attacking us. I can't believe how many people are going through some type of physical dilemma. I don't believe in coincidence, so I chalk it up to spiritual warfare.

It's so real.

God is greater than any evil force, but we MUST be ready to submit to Him and give Him glory in every circumstance.

We must "put on our armor" as Scripture commands. We shouldn't be surprised by these attacks!

I'm challenged to keep up with my daily Bible reading. I know that when I miss a day or so I lack the protection of spirit that is vital to my existence. My spirit suffers.

As I age I notice the power of being in the Word and how it affects my day even more keenly. It simply does. I know I need the time in Scripture to set the tone for the day, to guide me through the day, to keep me on the right path.

It's supernatural.

I'm looking out at some multifaceted cumulous clouds. They range from pure white, to cream, to gray, to pale blue. Gorgeous. The mature leaves are loudly blowing in the strong summer breeze. It's a robust day, and summer is really over.

I used to cry these days. I'm stronger now. I can handle this God-given beauty better. I'm thankful for it. Tassels are out on the corn, and it's 8 feet high at least. There's a vivid orange tree across the field. Probably stressed, but stunning against the green ones. The harbinger.

Golden rod is blooming everywhere. Black-eyed Susans and cone flowers are in full display.

Cherie and my husband are canoeing down the Crow River toward the Mississippi today. It's so perfect.

Perfect.

God is so good. He holds us in His hands. Life and Death can be left up to Him, and we can enjoy our each moment. We know He has the big plan.

May God be glorified. 

No comments: