"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, November 18, 2017

Bruised

I had a rough day yesterday.

I felt horrible, coughed and had a stuffed up head. Headache, sore throat.

I had an hour long conversation with a friend who is a universalist. We've "fought" for 40 years, and he's closer than a brother to me, but when we get into arguing it can get ugly. Don't worry, we ended with a big hug---but I felt bruised afterward.

I had a discussion with two people about the Rapture of the church online. I find it interesting that the argument "that's not Scriptural" can be tossed around even after pointing out specific scriptures to refute the argument!

*sigh*

I understand why people don't even try to convince other people of their convictions.

I KNOW THIS. But I am an evangelist type, and the preaching of conviction, the preaching of the Gospel, the preaching of the truth I perceive----

So I take the hits.

I'm getting a lot of blog hits from Italy lately. Ed joked that the Pope is reading my blog.

That would be something...

We are at war, and the battle grows wearying.

This is a weekend of music. My husband still sings with the Northern Lights Chorale and they are having a concert today and tomorrow. I'm planning on going to both, but I'll sit near the back so I can leave to cough.

You can't imagine how annoying even a single cough can be in a choral moment. I know this.

My choir, new for me, but actually one of the oldest community choirs in the area, has its concert on the 10th of December. I'm glad to be a part of a choir, but this is a totally different experience than being with the Northern Lights Chorale.

It's a much older choir. The sound is not as pure. The director knows this, and he picks music that suits the sound, but I miss that pure Lutheran college choir tone.

Changes.

My son has accused me of changing over the years, my friend accused me of changing over the years. I have changed. They apparently grieve the loss of who I was---but I don't.

I'm a living, changing creature and God is good. My change has been to grow closer to God, trust in Him more, see His ultimate plan working out, and shine for Jesus.

I'm a bruised, battered, imperfect, sinful, ugly failure on so many counts, but I'm changing. I'm growing toward Christ.

Spend time in the Word today. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you, comfort you, heal you, teach you. That's what I'm going to do.

Thanks for your prayers!



No comments: