"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Quandry

I know someone who is "practically perfect in every way."

She is a loving mother and grandmother, not critical, always wise. She loves God and she is a joy to be with.

I always think about her and wish I could be like her.

I think she really demonstrates Christ's love.

She is an example.


She's not like Charles Spurgeon or Jonathon Edwards. These old preachers weren't afraid to tell people unpopular things. Unpleasant things.

I think it takes all kinds of people, and I am always torn between being only loving and being truthful.


I guess I become more concerned about being truthful and I risk relationships because of it.

I try to be kind.

I am loving. I think the most loving thing you can do is be concerned for someone's eternal welfare. To dally along the primrose path of an unconvicted life seems a great hazard eternally.

So there must be this perfect balance, a golden mean of sorts, of care and careless---of sweet and stern, of judgment and mercy.

It is a path of great value and really few find it.

I listen to my fellow believer's stories of children who are lost, friends who don't respond, family who rejects. It's heart breaking. I know.

And we care. We want to have a sweet joy of shared faith, assurance of salvation, and honest fellowship. It's out there, but it is with ones God gifted you with, perhaps outside of your inner circles, and unexpected. It surprises.

But we can continue to pray for our dear ones who need Jesus.

Jesus saves. We are His workmanship, we are His living Gospel.

Preach it. Love. Serve.

And leave it in God's hands.

No comments: