"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, June 7, 2018

The Winds of Fate

Corwyn, our affectionate, sweet, rambunctious year-old Corgi has been finding specific items to destroy recently.

When we don't get out with her she seems much more destructive.

In the mornings I've been sitting by the fireplace to read my four chapters from the Bible. I placed my KJV large print on the ledge beneath the fire after reading.

I came home after school to find my Bible's cover ripped apart!

She is such a heathen.



I duct-taped it back together, but it most certainly doesn't have the appeal it had. The contents are the same :)


I picked up:

I've been working on several foreign languages these past few years.

German is my second language. I studied German for foreigners at the University of Munich years ago. I also studied Spanish for two years in high school. In Germany I studied Turkish for a year. Recently I've been dabbling in Hebrew, and this fall I'm starting Greek. That's the plan.

Spanish is something I've been trying to re-learn, since at the jail there are some only-Spanish speakers. I have substitute taught in the Spanish classes at my school this year, too, so I really need to brush up on Spanish.

But I am so much more proficient in German----yet my grammar is atrocious. I understand most of it, but I have issues writing and speaking it. 

Enter Corwyn's direction.

I've decided to read the rest of this year's Bible reading in Deutsch. I had just started in Isaiah, so it's a great place to begin.

Just excited to continue learning----both language AND what the LORD is teaching me through His word.

Auf Wiedersehen.
















No comments: