"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, June 28, 2018

To Age

I love getting old, just hate the pain.

I love being able to forget that everything is hinging on our appearances---
and people start to love us for who our souls are.


I've always been homely and overweight, and that has limited relationships with certain people. We all love beauty, and when you aren't beautiful there are those who simply, unconsciously perhaps, shun you.


The beauty of the soul is what truly matters though, right?

People are worthwhile, even if the "shell" isn't attractive.


As I age, I feel more acceptance for what I look like.

The kids at school expect a Grandma who cares about them, not a stunning young thing who is easy on the eyes.

I'm happy that my husband looked past the facade and saw ME. He decided I was worth spending life with despite my looks.


He saw my soul.

But now that I'm old it doesn't matter so much. I am finally confident in my own skin. Ed, Margaret and Cheri love me for my self, not my looks. The Corgi seems to agree too. She follows me wherever I go.


Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it says much about the people who ignore those whose beauty is deeper, not surface. These folks are programmed to their senses, and they reveal their own shallowness.

I know too many people like that.

Thank the Lord for age, experience, and the opportunity to get past that veneer-orientated existence.


I love beauty. I'm thankful that my own lack of physical beauty doesn't affect my sense of beauty!
Thank God for that!

And I've learned, that those who shun you for your lack of beauty aren't worth your time and concern.
Their surface-y sense of life isn't where the soul lives, and you can pray for their souls to go deeper.

Yes, pray for them.

And thank God for making all things beautiful in HIS time.

Your looks matter to Him, and it's okay when your beauty doesn't match the worldly sense of beauty. Be glad that you matter to Him no matter what.

Age is a gift that teaches what truly matters.


No comments: