"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, April 8, 2013

A Ready Answer

We are studying Genesis.

What a great narrative, what great history.

What a tremendous God we worship and obey. He just gets more amazing everyday, with new things discovered throughout our Universe.

There is this question which seems to be asked in our culture frequently:

"How can you believe in a God who is so _________?"

The fact that my God is the one who wrote the Bible, and didn't attempt to trick us with some fancy date changes and false personality traits seems to be the issue, at core.

He is what He is. He wrote what He wrote.

Theology can spin whatever.

I choose to put my trust in Him, not remake Him as I think He should be.

It's an act of faith.

It's leaving worldly convention. It's safe. It's right. It's incredibly powerful. It's the answer to everything. It's all cut and dry, wrapped up and presented to our human race.

God is Who He is.

Do I believe?

Yes. And I wish you would too.

No comments: