"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Time to Write

Weekend activities: an ROTC review, where my son was awarded the AUSA Military History Award, a recital of cello, violin, and piano by my two daughters, a concert to perform with the Northern Lights Chorale (Look for a little Irish fluting on here soon--something I hadn't done before, but really had fun!), a Boy Scout event, and church---with my husband's parents here for all the these grand things!  Deep Breath.

The fish are back in the pond, but snow is still expected, and the temps dropped alarmingly this evening as we inaugurated the 2013 campfire season with the first fire.

It is so nice to be outside again!

I have the Boy Scout Garage Sale to prepare for over the next few days.

They have made a ruling of sorts, about homosexuality, and I am perhaps one of the few that is okay with it. Since older boys are often the worst perpetrators of bullying and harassment, it's best that they be open about things, and that all the scouts can learn how to deal with that in a courteous way. Remember the Scout Law!

I remember the Law the Lord gave us: LOVE.

Love your enemies, even. It's easy to forget that when you are frustrated with their lack of understanding, isn't it?

We must be watchful, and that includes everything about our children and their activities. Sometimes we learn that the hard way. Children suffer from our oversight, our mistakes. They are resilient, but damage can occur, and we can never be too careful regarding their lives.

And they will make their own mistakes, and learn from them, too.

I'm still recovering from all of this excitement, and I have some major spring cleaning to do. Fly Lady, I'm looking to you for some clear direction!

Just finished "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" tonight. That's one to digest. I think it will be fun to address this topic in light of Bible Prophecy soon. So many points coming together here. Food for thought.

No comments: