"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fasten Your Seatbelts, Folks!

I know there are a few people out there that live from day to day, driving to work, eating lunch, driving home, eating dinner, turning on the telly, or the computer, picking up a book, "normal" stuff, you know---who aren't paying attention to what the world is coming to.

Perhaps they hear, and they cope.

Boston. Now Texas. Earthquakes, Weather, War.

A-hem. This should sound familiar to all of us, but too many of us are Biblically illiterate to recognize that these are the very birth-pangs mentioned in Daniel and Revelation, Ezekiel and Matthew. Jude is coming alive before our eyes!

Wake Awake! Night is falling! The Watchmen on the Walls are Crying! (F Melius Christiansen)

Don't stray from the Truth of God's Word!

I know it will become the only true anchor in a sea of deception and fear.

I was reading an invitation to salvation given the other day. It said that if you consider becoming a Christian, regard that as Christ's Holy Spirit calling you. Don't delay, don't put it off. Time is incredibly short, but God is patient, and HE is unwilling that any should perish.

He will fulfill His prophecy, and time will come to a close.

 Have you heard of salvation before? Don't wait. Contact me if you need to know how to become a Christian.

Meanwhile we literally fly through our days.

On Monday we heard transcriptions of Franz Listz's transcendental etudes for pipe organ, world premier, at a church not far from us. This was a great treat! They have not been recorded yet, but the performance was stellar.

We hived our bees, just in time for another snowstorm to envelope us here in Minnesota. We know that frost can happen, traditionally, until May 15, but this is getting ridiculous. Snow is still on the ground from the last storm. Strange weather.

Praying the bees will make it through this cold spell with very little to eat besides sugar syrup and pollen patties.

Wedding plans are coming together. This occupies my thoughts. I will say it over and over this year, but I am thrilled with my new daughters-in-law-to-be. They are gifts to my sons.

As the grooms' mother I have very little to do with the weddings, but I do have SOME things to do, and I'm excited to help in any way.

Weddings are simply the most romantic and lovely and joyful, happy, anticipated events. Babies are all that too, but first comes the wedding!

Will we see this year out? I'm watching every day, and I know that as I get through each daily task or event that is a moment to help others see the Light in the darkness of this world.

Friends coming for the weekend tomorrow. Corgi Hollows B & B is back in full swing! Next week I'm planning to attend the memorial service for Edith Schaeffer (the widow of Francis Schaeffer). Her obituary appeared in both papers yesterday (I live in the Twin Cities) and everyone was "heartily" invited. As she had a huge impact on me and many people I know, I can think of nothing more fitting than to attend her funeral. Concerts and recitals are next weekend, a home-school convention as well. I'm still recovering from the snow camp-out last weekend. Oh my! I never reported on this, did I?  I survived, and it was fun. I was able to keep my toes warm enough to live through it all. The Scouts were wonderful. No one froze, but we had some pretty cold boys by Sunday morning! We have plenty to keep us busy. We actually got to "Betsy and Joe" (the Betsy-Tacy series) in our reading time for school, so that was a milestone too! We are honing down our school work every day!  Just a week left of Awana, and two Good News Clubs to go! Then my beautiful Margaret is graduating from high school, with all that entails.

Distractions, all distractions, from the roaring in the world.

Praying, and looking up.

 Photo: Scouts this morning eating cold donuts and cereal and wishing they could start a warm fire with Brian Wamsley and Dave Zdon!

No comments: