"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Edith Schaeffer's Funeral

I had the joy of attending a very meaningful memorial service today in St. Paul. Edith Schaeffer was an author, artist, musician, thinker, and wife of a prominent theologian, Francis Schaeffer.

I was truly amazed that the church was not full, for she has affected so many people's lives.

I keep hearing more stories of how she blessed people by her friendly interest, her books, and her example.

The service was a concert, fitting for Mrs. Schaeffer, with beautiful works performed by talented musicians. Really, it was fantastic.

The message was the wrongness of death, and the promise of God's re-creation. Very moving, very comforting, very apropos.

I am so glad I got to be there.

I know she is enjoying heaven.

No comments: