"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, June 13, 2014

It's dark today


   Ed at the hospital

Please Lord, I know you are in charge, but I'm feeling like waving a white flag of surrender about now. You've promised that you will take care of everything. You told us that EVERYTHING works for GOOD for them that love you.

So I will trust.

Ed was told that he has A.L.L. today.  My stomach sinks as I write that. Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia.

Tomorrow the doctors at Children's Hospital put in a port and he starts his chemotherapy.

Precious life.

Here we invest the world to help him get well.

I do not forget that many lose their lives daily elsewhere to terror. Life seems so cheap in those parts of the world.

I'm living out a nightmare that every mother dreads.

But there is peace. There is knowledge that God has this. God's got this.

Your prayers are holding back my tears, and helping Ed to resolve recovery. We need them desperately. My husband is a rock in a sinking sand land. He needs your prayers too. So pray, please.

Pray for his siblings who ask, why?

Ed has a fighter spirit, a great hospital, probability, and his own faith on his side, but there is going to be difficult circumstance to endure.

Bi-polar meds and chemotherapy drugs don't mix well. We know this. Will you pray?

Yes my world has become darker.

Yes, I long for my Savior to sweep in and make it all right.

This is the task that we've been given: Deal with leukemia.  Others have done it for many different reasons. People live for so many objectives.

We live to please God, in everything, and it is completely OUT OF OUR HANDS.

I'm numb right now, and I know Ed will be too. He feels lousy, so the hope of improvement drives him forward now.

But those scary difficult treatments and days to come....

Lord, please help.




1 comment:

TracyStoller said...

I pray for God's healing and his peace that passes all understanding for Ed and all of you. I will continue to pray during the coming days.
I wish I lived closer so I could offer tangible help as well. Please let the people around you take care of you as well as your family (I know it's hard for the mom to let others be the caregivers). We've had our own dark days in the past years and I know that God is faithful.