"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Odds and Ends

A friend came over today and gave me a pair of shoes. They are VERY nice, and she didn't want to give them to Goodwill.

They weren't right for her, they are perfect for me. Thankful.

Remember, health issues are never interesting to chat about, but I must reiterate that mine can be very affective, and they have been lately.

Pain, sickness, bi-polar issues, moods, seasons! How about barometric pressure? Hormones, age, injury...

Blah. Doesn't it just make you BEG for our Lord to come back an save us from our human condition?

I wish. I pray. I say, Maranatha.

These shoes are like Birkenstocks of old, but these are made in Israel, and they are wondrously comfortable! They came just when I needed them. God and my friend are good.

It's very green outside. These late spring days are always my favorite times of this season. There are few flowers out there, as the roses haven't started to bloom.

The lilacs had their brief moment of heady glory. I am waiting for my peonies to open. Their greens are looking tall and healthy this year. The apple trees have budded and flowered, no frost to thwart the crop this year. Even our cherries look promising! For the long, long winter, this spring seems well.

I heard there are ice bergs on Lake Superior still-----and June is half over! Amazing.

Spring days are long now. As the solstice approaches I get a sadness. The dark days are again on their way.

Ed suffers. Tonsillitis did a number on him. He remains pale and weary. I am trying a new cure on him, giving him refrigerated acidophiles 3 times a day. I am hopeful that he will benefit from it.

I wish natural cures would be speedier.

Having tea in the garden with a new friend today. She's on her way, so I'd better get the water on.

Spring.

No comments: