"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Feeling Blue

Yes, today is a blue day. My Cherie is off on an adventure of her own---with good friends---for a couple of weeks.

I know she's going to have the vacation of her life: (Indianapolis Zoo, Mammoth Cave, Creation Museum (again), Underground Railroad Museum, Kentucky Horse Park, New Orleans--plantation, Sea World Texas, and a whole bunch of cities and sights to boot.

I'm amazed just thinking about it!

So glad for her, but I will miss her.

In the meantime I will try to restore the downstairs to a liveable scale, downsizing my home-school materials and book collection. No small feat. Really. I love books. I do not exaggerate when I say that we have thousands upon thousands. I am a book hoarder, and I apologize to everyone.

Everyone who knows me knows that. I'm a yarn hoarder too. There. Confession is good for the soul.

You'll be pleased to know that I am in the process of reforming, but I still feel blue today.

Lonesome for Cherie already.

The first month of consolidation is over for Ed. We start the next one Monday. It's back to the chemo-at-home treatments next week.

Despite nausea yesterday, after his chemotherapy shots at the clinic we decided to take Cherie to the Minnesota State Fair.

It was one of the most concise and productive visits we've ever had! We arrived shortly after noon, then took a turn around the entire fairgrounds, stopping for the treats we associate with the fair. We ended up spending far less on food with the nausea issue. Go figure!

Ed wasn't supposed to go to the animal barns without a mask, so he opted to sit at the MPR booth/building while we girls saw the chickens, rabbits, sheep, horses, cattle, and swine. We did NOT look at every animal. Basically we just walked through the middle of each barn. May I recommend that for next time?! We got to pet a few backs and noses.

The sun did not show its face the entire day, but no rain ruined it either. Perfect.

Cherie got a fox fur hat. She has a thing about animal fur.

At six pm we were finished and headed home. Cherie finished packing, and we all put our feet up. Glad to have had a nice time at the fair.

Back to work...


No comments: