"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, August 11, 2014

Three Shots, Three Days a Week

Ed got to the clinic bright and early this morning, after taking his morning dosages of medicine. Promptly prepped for his new chemotherapy, a medicine administered through 3 shots, all at the same time, by three nurses, in his thighs.

This happens three days this week and three days next week.

Also, in about three weeks he'll have to go through it all again.

Threes.

At least there was no allergic reaction! Should be good to go from here...

It's Monday, and this week will be slightly insane. I signed up to be an election judge a few years ago. Tomorrow is the primary in our neck of the woods. I just finished voting absentee---as I am the assistant head judge at a polling place different from where I vote this election. Tomorrow I report for duty with a good Minnesota hotdish in tow. I'll be working 6am to 9pm.

Margaret voted with me absentee today. This clears up her day tomorrow. I saw the nice county clerk who teaches us how to man the new voting machines. Slick things, they are. They take a picture of each ballot and if there are discrepancies with the ballot it alerts you.

I have a feeling that voting may take longer than usual. Thankfully there are only 1,500 voters in the ward where I am assigned. Truly, I hope they all show up, but that is wishful thinking. Primaries are just not that important to people. They should be.

I am voting for Kurt Zellers and Jim Abeler. Mainly. Governor and Congressman, respectively. I do hope they win. Kurt seems like a smart, capable man to handle the job. Republican governors seem to do well in our state. Jim Abeler is a well-known figure from our county, and well liked, too.

Tomorrow I'm the Republican judge. There will be one other Republican. Two Democrats, and a couple of independents. We will be a small crew, doing our civic duty. I always like getting to know the other judges.

I read a book last night called "The Equation." I downloaded it on my tablet. I think it is only available as an e-book.

http://www.amazon.com/THE-EQUATION-Daniel-knowledge-increase-ebook/dp/B00IA6S45Y

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/aug2014/robf817.htm

I've been smiling all day. What a great, and meticulously researched book, by Malcolm Isted.

What a wonderful and hopeful message.

It's not for everyone, but it is timely and it is exciting. I encourage you to read it for yourself. Let's just say that next year, 2015, will be quite a year. Believers look up! Watchmen, keep your eyes open! Prophetic events are lining up ahead of us.

What a blessed hope we have.

I'm a complete Bible promoter here on this blog. The Bible has everything you'll ever need to know. "The Equation" is based solely on the Bible with a few references to Jewish tradition. Fascinating.

You know, good news is just very hard to keep to myself, and good news is what our God is all about.

Love and thanks to all of you who continue to bless our socks off ;)

PS.... My daughter-in-law is now a two-time national sailing champion! Congrats to her!!! Also, my lovely niece just became QUEEN of the IOWA STATE FAIR! She's a winner, too!

2 comments:

Emily Glover said...

Thanks for the shout out for her! She's having a blast and totally honored! (Gotta say, I'm a pretty proud sis!)
Thank you so much for keeping us all updated on Ed. It's nice to feel in the loop even though I don't get to see you as often as I'd like!

Corgi Hollows said...

Hope we see you soon ;)