"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Ready for Friends

I am really grateful for our friends.

There is a friend, closer than a brother, ---Proverbs 18:24

I have been the recipient of that kind of love, and I am so grateful for all of my dear friends. Many bring food, some help with cleaning and yardwork, hundreds are praying, encouraging.

This weekend we have dear friends visiting. Ed looks forward to their visit especially, as the children in their family share multiple interests with our children. They live out of town, so when they come they stay with us. We are always sad to see them go after the visit.

We anticipate their arrival shortly. Beds are made and the refrigerator is stocked.

Ed's day went went well yesterday. It was a long day. Five "pokes"---the port for an infusion, the back for a lumbar puncture, and the infamous "three," ---shots in his thighs. He's been battling nausea ever since we left the clinic, but he seems to be rolling with it pretty well.

He gets a reprieve this weekend. We go back on Monday.

Today we took Cherie to the Gibbs Farm Museum by the University of Minnesota St. Paul campus. The day was set apart as a celebration of Dakota life, and it was fun to see the sights.

Errands and yard work completed the day.

As I was shredding zucchinis from my sweet friend who supplies me with her fresh garden produce I was simply filled with gratefulness for all the things our friends do for us.

Thank you!

Last weekend I found out that I have a personal connection with our primary oncologist! A girl that I grew up with is his special friend. We are always six degrees from relating, but here there was only one degree! Interesting.

The day was beautiful, but very humid. My husband got one of our vehicles running again, but it seems to need a few more tweaks to be road-worthy. Still, many things were accomplished.

Summer ripens. Next week starts FAIR TIME.

Blessings.

No comments: