"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, October 14, 2019

Many Thanks

I was able to attend the funeral for my brother and his wife in Chicago. I want to thank all of you who were praying for our family during this time of loss.

You cannot do hard things without the fellowship and support of fellow believers, and your prayers were felt, answered, and cherished.

Thank you for all of your cards, flowers, notes and messages! I am overwhelmed! I will make it my purpose to write each of you back, but it may be next summer :)

I was so happy to get two of my papers done last week, and the deadline was extended one day for the one I chose not to write that night! Miracles. God is so good. I sent out a plea for prayer on Facebook and that prayer was totally answered!

For now I am going to be at the hotel this afternoon, checking in guests and folding the laundry of the weekend, starting to sub again tomorrow, and writing my paper today...

I have a lot of reading to catch up on, and a family wedding this weekend.

Corwyn was thrilled to see us home.

Margaret is getting readjusted to life at Corgi Hollows, looking for a car that works. She's desperate.

My husband is replacing the brake lines in Cheri's car, and that is like brain surgery.

Ed continues to enjoy (thrive) at the University! Praise God! His car overheated on the way home on Friday....

Our fleet is in sore need right now.

My car, which we took to Chicago, had a tire puncture as we drove from the funeral to the burial! When these many things happen you begin to wonder about the unseen world and its abilities to MESS YOU UP!

We had to postpone Corgi Hollows History Day last Saturday, of course. Because the weather is mercurial this time of the year I'm hesitant to reschedule it this fall. I had (thankfully) asked for the weekend off from the hotel, so it was wonderful to be already free from work to attend the funeral.

Look for another "Regency" day next fall. I'm so sorry to disappoint, but things happen. (Don't you just love Ilhan Omar !? Just kidding...)

As Elisabeth Elliot said so famously, "Do the next thing."

That is excellent advise. Grieving looks different in every person, for every person. One must never judge another's grief. I am faced with very aged parents and their health issues, and I am always shoring up for when they meet Jesus face to face.

You see, we do not grieve like the heathens. To be absent in the body is to be present with the LORD!

I know that I am over-the-top looking forward to that moment, and not everyone is, but it certainly helps me through my own losses. It helped me face Ed's cancer.

I'm excited to have my grandson back in the area, and the prospect of my granddaughter arriving in 2020! LIFE GOES ON. As I have said several times over the last week, we are created to live!

At the jail last Sunday I told the inmates about the horrible death in my family. They were so sweet. I told them I have zero animosity toward the poor woman addicted (obviously) to alcohol who decided to drink and then (naturally) lost her presence of mind. I'm sorry she ever took a first sip of alcohol. I'm sorry that ANYONE I know took the first sip of destruction in their lives. I know I cannot touch it. It is too dangerous and evil.

I talked to someone at the funeral who has been sober for 13 years. There was so much anger in her. She was appalled at the destruction of alcohol. I'm with her one hundred percent. Those of you who are addicted alcoholics need to find Jesus. You are truly lost. Those of you who love Christ need to count the cost of serving Him and pleasing Him. You are called to be SOBER! Look it up in Scripture, your manual for the walk. STOP DRINKING.

Alcohol is poison. It makes you stink. I lived in Germany for 2 1/2 years, and I can still smell, in my mind, the putrid smell of alcohol which permeated the air of that beautiful country. The people reeked. They breathed it, sweated it, purged it. It was disgusting.

At the jail I talked with them about this gorgeous, perfect, teeming-with-life world...created as a place for God to dwell with his creation. God made all this beauty to enjoy, and it was good. To lose life is to lose what God had originally intended.

We were intended for life, precious life, and we are created for his glory.

To God be the glory, even in this sad sin-sick fallen world.

God ordained our days before we were born. I read that in Scripture. Nothing surprises the creator of the galaxies. Our days should be a fragrance to Him, and we only know Him truly through His Word.

Why are you running from your destiny?

Are you?

Get right with your Maker. Your turn could be today. Someone addicted to alcohol may drive down a wrong-way ramp and snuff out your life.

And perhaps today we WILL see the the face of Jesus. It is the feast of tabernacles, the symbol of the upcoming 1,000 year reign of Christ on the earth.

Perhaps today?

THIS IS HOW TO LIVE: CHRIST ALONE.


You don't need alcohol, really. You'll be far better off without it. I'd love to see the entire industry put out of business, but that is impossible. That was tried once, and it didn't work. You alone can make the decision to not drink that next drink. For those of you whom I love and pray for, THIS IS MY PRAYER.

God is always answering my prayers, so don't be surprised when you see that glass of wine or beer in front of you and you think in your head, "Corgi said---don't take that next drink!"

It's in your court. Who are you going to snuff out of life?

A woman named Emily snuffed out four lives last week.









No comments: