"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, October 26, 2019

There are Days----

Days for the rich, not for those of us eking out a living----days to enjoy the fall colors, sit by the fire, knit, write/illustrate books, read, bake and cook delicious things, walk the Corgi,----


But I have to pay for car parts and the mortgage, insurance and tuition.

God ultimately provides and helps us, but I do rather miss those days of watching the kids and just being creative.

I'd sit at the piano and pound out a Bach invention, or grab my flute or guitar...


I have to do my homework so I can make enough (more) to pay the bills.

Housewifery is a luxury.

If you are enjoying it right now, realize how good you have it.

Home-schooling is not cheap. We refused assistance from the state so we could choose freely what curriculum we wanted. We homeschooled for 25 years, and it was costly monetarily. It was priceless in its results.

My husband and I qualified for welfare when we began homeschooling. If I spent $500 on curriculum it was major.

I seriously COULD write a book on living on an extreme budget. Perhaps I should.

Not paying for childcare enabled me to stay at home, pay less for groceries (I cooked everything-few processed foods) and have a limited wardrobe requirement for the entire family.

We bought everything at thrift stores.

We stockpiled things on sale.

We bought used books.

NO ALCOHOL, CIGARETTES, DRUGS. What a savings!!

We managed to live within our means by the grace of God.

When we paid tithe (10%) to our church we always had enough. When we didn't we had to dip into savings. God always honored our giving.

WE  always had enough. Even when major health issues hit. Even through more than a year of unemployment for my husband.

I cannot complain!

When we chose to move closer to my parents we took a big hit financially. We wanted to keep them home, out of assisted living. This is exactly what we've been able to do! Thank the LORD! We also became owners of a healthful home in the country, where the air is fresh and the views are gorgeous.

To be able to stay in this beautiful place, where I grew up, requires two incomes, meager as my contribution is! WE are managing.

My husband and I have already kissed the idea of ever retiring good-bye. Having five kids and getting them launched is truly costly, but ever so worth it!

Remember, money isn't everything. Life is rich just living.

We're attempting to keep our heads above water right now, and the LORD is good. We know that He knows our need.

It's beautiful outside. Do I have time for a quick walk with Corwyn before work tonight?

Yes. Yes I do.

Thank you, LORD.

No comments: