"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, October 5, 2019

On the Passing of my Brother

My brother was a very gifted and much admired human. He and I are two first-borns, technically, and our lives had similar drive, but in different directions. You can imagine what sort of relationship we had :D . .

..WE were both raised by strong Bible believers: he became a financial guru and I became a missionary.
His influence, and his first wife Susan's influence, was off the charts in my world.

I am truly 'little old me" up in "good old Minnesota" working 7 am to 11 pm, trying to get my next degree, trying to pay all the bills....like most of you. (I have two part time jobs: I'm a substitute teacher at a local school, and I am the front desk staff at the local hotel, and looking after my parents and my kids) I'm trying to earn my masters degree in Public Admin right now, but with papers and assignments due next weekend I'm not sure how that is going to play out....

He's gone now, and I know he has left an amazing legacy. He and Susan leave four incredibly gifted children, all wave-makers in their own interests: music, fashion, and literature. He leaves step-children and "adopted" children. He has influenced some of the wave-makers in politics and in the financial world.
We didn't agree on politics, in fact, we sparred. A lot.

And you know I like politics. That's thanks to my dad's influence.

For me it matters that God is glorified, and the thing I do know about my brother is that he tried to further God's kingdom.
I'm an old fashioned Bible believer. I have found no hope anywhere else (though I've tried).

Jud lived life in the fast track, and I chose quiet. Jud had far more influence than I will ever have.

The Jud I knew was hilarious and aggravating, handsome and passionate, smart and loyal.

Because his life colored mine in more ways than I think Jud could have imagined I am deeply affected and saddened by his death.

I'm passionately against alcohol, (like Donald Trump) and I'm incredibly saddened that a drunk driver took his and Mary's life. Don't drink. Don't drink. Don't drink. It leads to agony and illness, mental decline and death, broken relationships on every level. It's never okay. Never. There are far healthier ways to find pleasure. Alcohol is the devil's potion.

The thing I have, that most people don't, is the excitement of being reunited with my brother----even soon----as I am a student of Bible prophecy and I believe God's promises and see His prophecies becoming reality. Things are coming together for Christ's return. This is HUGE. Time is wrapping up!
Don't hide in some false view of God's justice or nature. Seek the God of the Word!

Those of us who are watching for our Lord and Master cannot ever lose hope.

Yes, I'm sad. Jud and Mary died senseless deaths. There is evil in the world, and I see it all around. A few years ago I attended Edith Schaeffer's funeral. It was emphasized that we are created to LIVE. Life is a gift from God! We are to live for His glory! This is the true hope and meaning of existence. When life is snatched it is a curse. But we know that death is conquered in Jesus Christ, ultimately.

I am not hopeless. I look to an eternity with Christ.
Pray for Jud and Mary's seven children. There is so much to be worked through.

God is always good. Always.

Read your Bible. My niece told me that Jud had recently memorized Psalm 91. All of it. That's impressive. I haven't memorized much in the last 30 years. New goals for me ! :)

No comments: