"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, March 16, 2020

Quarantine

For whatever they are worth, here are my thoughts on this most unusual circumstance. Believe me, I'm reading all sorts of things, some sound pretty crazy, some realistic, some probable, some possible.

My husband returned from the west coast last evening. He drove through Jackson, Wyoming, which apparently had icy roads. I'm glad I wasn't along for the ride!

My daughter hopes to return today from British Columbia, Canada, driving. She's in Montana right now, so we're talking a VERY LONG drive.

They were out west helping to move my son's family home to Minnesota. It's been quite the week. Moving is always somewhat stress-related (according to the textbooks). Add a looming pandemic and it really gets interesting.

Outside here at Corgi Hollows I'd hoped to wash a few windows today. But:

We have a bit of snow.

See the lake forming to the south? That happens every spring, but one of the tiles is plugged, so we think there may be big issues afoot.

Things to think about.

There's four of us in the house today. All of us have had schedule changes. I'm still working at the hotel (hotels don't close, apparently) but no school, no classes for a few more days, (even online) and my husband has also been told to stay home and work from home.

Spirits are high. We are a house of introverts, so we cherish time to re-calibrate, to reset, to re-charge.

Because we are prophecy people our house is stocked. It always is. That's who we are. We didn't shop much last week. Didn't need to. We are default preppers since Y2K. It makes sense for such a time as this.

The corgi is ecstatic that we are home. The geraniums are blooming mightily in the windows and the fireplaces are cozily heating our feet.

The cats are fine too.

Three large trees were felled last weekend before my husband left for Washington. Two mighty oaks and a massive basswood (linden). I felt blue for days, but they were rotten up the entire core, and they posed a real threat to Corgi Hollows. Those who have lived here in the past will perhaps understand my sorrow at their demise. There is one more oak that must be taken down before the wood chopping begins.

I plan to make the stump of the basswood into a seat, as our kitchen garden is right next to it. It will serve as a focal point. This is a good thing.

My husband is an adventurer, risk taker, and he had his moments of danger multiplied in the tree project. I tend to get sort of stressed out watching his calculations, so I keep my ears open, but occupy myself with other activities. When I hear a loud boom that shakes the house I run out to see if he is still alive.

He survived.

We are shopping for a wood splitter now. Four large trees are simply too much to manually split for people these days.  We have firewood, yes we do! We have firewood, how 'bout you?!

My parents are self-quarantining this week. We are talking on the phone, but we are not going over there, except to leave groceries, etc. My mom, a nurse, wants to have a baseline of no exposure. I think it is a good idea. Our local nursing home has cancelled our chapel services (where I play piano once a month) and the jail has also cancelled our prison ministry. No cases of COVID19 are reported yet. Hopefully none will be.

But probably there will be. It's inevitable. The statistics suggest it.

Our hope is a flattening of the curve, not an avoidance of the pestilence.

It's just a matter of time before we catch the cold, so to speak. How we respond to it is yet to be seen. Ten days. Fourteen days. We'll see.

I've read the "Q" stuff online that suggest COVID19 attacks those (in particular) who are users of adrenochrome. If you are unfamiliar with that be forewarned: it is a Luciferian rabbit hole. This is tied up in the biological weapons category.

I've read that it is far less dangerous than the flu, H1N1, HIVaids, SARS, etc.

I've read that martial law is being practiced.

I've read that the world is being tested for a global system and currency is going to be obsolete.

I've read that vaccinations are a part of the response and we will be forced to have them...

You've probably read all of this too.

With all the fake news out there (This virus is Trump's fault!) it's difficult to know what to believe. Really.

This is when your faith is critical.

"Religion is the opiate of the masses."

Give me that old-time religion! I'll take that over godless panic any day. Where is your faith anchored? Where are you placing your trust?

Your days have already been numbered, appointed. You cannot change that, so why fret?

I love Psalm 37. It says over and over that we are not to fret.

I hope you are finding peace as you read your Bible today. I hope you are finding a quiet game or art project to work on. I hope you make something good to eat. I hope you are praying for our country, for our world.

I hope you are looking at the birth pangs all around us and considering your eternal destination! Jesus is coming soon! Look up, for your redemption draws nigh!

I'd say the birth pangs are pretty sharp right now.

Will you survive the COVID19?

Probably. Statistically. But YOU DON'T KNOW.

I'm looking for the rapture, not symptoms, but whichever comes first I trust in my Heavenly Father.

And in the meantime we pray that evil is conquered, that souls are saved, that Christ is glorified.


Don't fret. That means don't panic. Jesus is STILL on the throne. He may be getting up to come and get us as I write this, but He's still in control. Don't worry.


We have firewood. In a few weeks ya'll come over for a real hot dog and marshmallow roast. We'll share our quarantine stories.






No comments: