"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, April 10, 2020

Fake

If there is one thing which stands out to me in this whole pandemic it is the effect of deception.

We have a president who is constantly crying out the word "fake."

We have two diametrically opposed viewpoints: left and right.

We have media which insists on reporting news that isn't true, showing images and saying a canned message.

We have ideologies screaming out, trying to drown out other voices.

Since I am a conspiracy believer (the devil has a conspiracy to fight God) I feel I have my own handle on the Truth.

I believe the Word of God is the Truth, the Bible.

Too many people have bought the lie of the "Higher Criticism," "Liberal Theology" dudes that undercut the authority of Scripture. That happened in the 1800's (or before) but the fruit of it is being harvested now.

I've read about and seen documentaries which prove that the Textus Receptus is a reliable text (far superior to the other fakes----the Codex Sinaiticus, for example) and it has been translated in a manner that is completely reliable.

King James had a group of Roman Catholics and Protestant scholars do the work. The result was uniquely balanced and complete, REALLY. We actually have the Muslim hoards taking over Constantinople to thank for the monks seizing manuscripts and fleeing to Europe. It was these manuscripts that gave birth to the Luther Bible, to Wycliffe's Bible, to the Geneva Bible, to Erasmus' translation...

I encourage you to do your own studies on the history of the King James Bible.

It was the Jesuits who realized that having an impartial and completely reliable Biblical text was undermining the Roman Catholic church and the authority and power therein. They were the ones to sow a seed of doubt about the Bible and its authority. Columbia Theological Seminary, Union Seminary, were the first to lap up the lies of that line of thought. It spread to Harvard, other "Ivy League" seminaries, and eventually to the tried and true fundamentalist evangelical schools throughout the country. Each and every seminarian heard every argument against the authority of Scripture and each and every seminarian had to come to terms with it.

I did too.

It was the schtick that infected, virus-like, every pastor's mind.

The Bible was deemed "FAKE." We need to listen to the Pope instead...

We need to listen to the justice warriors and the existentialist philosophers that shaped our nation.

No. That's fake. We must find a reliable, true source. God will always work out his own purposes and speak above the lies of Lucifer. There will always be a remnant who knows truth, even if it is clouded by peripheral fakeness. Maybe some of the details are off, but the core is right on.

Having the Word of God (and we do, in every hotel bedside drawer) is a gift to mankind. His Word is true. Pitch all the modern translations and get yourself a KJV.

I'm not a KJV only person. That is practically a cult. However, the KJV is really a wonderful thing for English speakers who can read.

The Luther Bible is wonderful for German speakers.

I'm reading a Spanish Bible right now and I'm learning so much Spanish. It says basically the same thing. The words are there.

Stay away from paraphrases. I liked the Living Bible for awhile, and read it through, but it isn't the same as a translation from the Greek and Hebrew.

Always remember: the Old Testament is completely reliable. We have the Dead Sea Scrolls to back them up. The controversies over authority are about the New Testament, the Gospels. Because we didn't have the meticulous scribes copying the texts (like the Jewish nation) there were those who were able to sow doubt in the minds of the followers of Christ. Actually the texts are incredibly reliable. There are literally thousands of fragments which are essentially copies of each other, few discrepancies. They date to almost the time of John the Apostle.

No other ancient texts are as concurrent with original documents.

It's amazing, and it's RELIABLE. Truth. Real. Not fake.

Don't let the lie of those seminaries undermine your trust in the Word of God. God has preserved it for us to read, and it is the source of truth and comfort for our age.

God's Word is true. You can bank on that.

Do we obey God's Word? Absolutely. Do we trust the Lord to help us discern truth in this age? Yes.

Back to the Fake News of today. We are inundated with information every day about this virus. Confusion is a wile of the devil. Many people really have no idea what to believe and defer to the powers that be for the daily updates and plan of action.

If you don't have a worldview you are at the mercy of the authorities.

Think about the German citizens before WWII. They went along with Hitler's regime.

I don't want to go along with a regime that is spewing lies.

I want my own solid worldview, questioning every bit of information.

I am not a doctor, nor a medical professional. I rely on those medical people WHO SHARE MY WORLDVIEW.

I cannot go along with those who don't. They operate from a base diametrically opposed to mine.

I am pro-life. I am pro-Israel. I am pro-Christian values.

I can tell you that Bill Gates isn't that. Why would I listen to him? George Soros isn't.

I believe in a Creator.

I believe in sin.

I believe in forgiveness through Christ alone.

I must operate from these TRUTHS.

What are the other essential truths that I must base my daily operations on?

They are shaped and driven by my understanding of God's Word. Nothing else.

They will drive me until Christ's return.


This is a time to repent and follow truth. The millions of voices we hear each day need a clarion call above the rest: God's Word is truth.

Cry out to Him in your confusion and distress. Trust Him to show you the truth. He answers the humble heart, he cares for the broken-hearted.

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and HE WILL LIFT YOU UP.

MARANATHA!



No comments: